Just saw new 450 kingquad!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just saw new 450 kingquad!

Originally posted by: MotoF150
I still think the Eiger and Vinson are better machines, The 450 KingQuad has the Chinese made, belt drive engine. Look at it! Its the same engine Yamaha and Kawasaki uses!
You should put this quote in your sig, warn the rest of the public with each and every post you make.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: MotoF150
I still think the Eiger and Vinson are better machines, The 450 KingQuad has the Chinese made, belt drive engine. Look at it! Its the same engine Yamaha and Kawasaki uses!

You better look at Honda with its $1500 non repairable Fully automatic hydromechanical, continuously variable with electronic controls tranny or hope Suzuki never discontinues the Vinson Geared version. If you ever decide to upgrade that 376cc Utility quad you have ,belt drive is your one and only option.

With Suzuki only offering belt drive on there top of the line 700 Utility and New 450 Utility you can see which direction they are going also.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Well if someone that actually KNOWS the difference gets a chance to check it out please reply and let me know if they changed the air cleaner design from the 700 to the 450.
02 650 camo

Old 11-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

I never said the 450 King Quad was made in China, I said just the engine is made in China. If you guys can't tell the difference between a Chinese and Japenese engine ur blind! If you guys never knew for the past 15 years the majority of all atv engines were made in China then ur learning something new

Old 11-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Please share where you got this info!.....or more likely, did you just dream it up???

Old 11-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Know why all those things you get at Wal Mart have a little 'Made in China' sticker on them? US Import Trade regulations. Look at the Certificate of Origin. Does it say some parts from China? No? Then they're not.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

I got my information from 2 different ATV Dealership Mechanics, there is one factory in China that makes the majority of all atv engines, The engines are made in the same factory but they are built to different specs from either Yamaha, Kawasaki, or Suzuki, there are some exceptions, most, not all Honda engines are made in Japan, all of the sport, racing atv engines are made by Yoshimura in Japan. Here is the way it works, lets use Suzuki as an example, Suzuki designs the engine, Suzuki signs a contract with a China engine builder co to produce a certain number of engines for a certain period of time, once that contact is up the Chinese engine builder owns the right to that engine and is free to make and sell as many of that engine they want and thats why you see the older style Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha engines on the Jet Moto, Yamoto, Chinese knock-off's atv's. If some of you guys know what the older style engines on ur Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki looks like, visit a Jet Moto, or Yamoto dealer and take a good look at the engines, you will be surprized the engines look exactly the same. They look the same cause they are the same engine because that engine is no longer produced by Yamaha, Kal, Honda, or Suzuki, the Chinese Co owns those older style engines.

Old 11-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Range Rover

Those crude Chinese copies are just that. While they may look somewhat similar, the fact is they are crude and poorly executed. Some have improved but the majority fall short. While China may machine some parts for US assembly, the rest of the story is bogus.

I know for a fact that most all of the Honda Ute engines come from South Carolina, USA. Take a quick look on the Honda website for proof and see where the engines are built.

Honda of South Carolina Mfg., Inc.
FourTrax Foreman,
Recon, Rincon, Rancher
Sportrax (ATV)

280,000 ATVs
280,000 engines

Honda's primary ATV plant in North America also handles engine assembly under the same roof.
Sure doesn't say China. Same goes for the other Manf. Suzuki's King Quad 700 and 450 are built in Rome Ga. That is the USA also, not China.

Same design as the Yamaha's and Kawis? You've got to be kidding. They all have a belt but beyond that, not even close. That's like saying all of the cars made today are the same cause they have 4 tires. Your mech friend doesn't have a clue or you got the story wrong.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki's plant in Rome, Ga, IS THE FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT, all they do is assemble an atv from parts on a shelf, all the parts from the frame, the engine, the gas tank, seat, ect, ect is made elsewhere, its like a giant parts warehouse where they assemble an atv from those parts, and most of those parts come from CHINA. Its been done that way for 20 years, WAKE UP, ur not living in the 1970's anymore, its an open world economy. oh btw: there is NO ATV ENGINE THAT IS MADE IN THE U.S.A., ur dealer lied.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: MotoF150 oh btw: there is NO ATV ENGINE THAT IS MADE IN THE U.S.A., ur dealer lied.
You better learn to read. My dealer did not tell me anything. Go to the Honda website and open your eyes. It is very clear, they build 280,000 ATV engines at the SC plant. That is not just installed, they assemble them their also. And they are not the only ones in the USA to do this.

And as for the Rome plant, watch the King Quad assembly video. Amazingly, you will see things being manufactured, not just assembled.

So there is just 2 small items to back up what I say. You have provided nothing. Case closed!

Quick Reply: Just saw new 450 kingquad!