Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

295 big bore vs zilla motor on 250

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i get some money i wanna put make my quad a lot faster... so its either a trinity 295cc big bore or an LT500 motor from east coast ATV.
what are the drawbacks and advantages of each? if i use the engine what will i have to do to my frame? am i gonna have to get it reinforced or make it higher or what?? i hear that the motor shakes alot and would crack the frame. mostly i ride trails and wide open feilds. i drag race a lot. every1 round here has 400EX's and i wanna be able to beat ehm. there are 2 banshees one is pretty stock the other has cool heads, bored, fmf gold series pipes, power core 2 silencers and more..it would be nice to beat them too! i jump a lot but not too big.

Old 12-10-2000, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

A quadzilla motor should not vibrate enough to crack your frame because it has a counterbalanced crank. What does east coast atv charge for their zilla motors? Is the price for a rebuilt one or do you do it on your own?
Addict

Old 12-10-2000, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

east coast ATV sells zilla engines for 900-1200 bucks. the 295 is 500 bucks. the next size up is the 330 which is more than a complete 500 engine so its either 295 or 500. i dunno if its a rebuld or do it yourself...the trinity kit includes installation in the price I THINK...

Old 12-11-2000, 12:35 PM
Range Rover

I would check to see if Trinity is able to put a big bore kit on the older Lt motors. And where are you getting the prices for the 295? If I remember I looked at their website and it said that it was 500. But then if you look in the magazines, they say it is somewhere closer to a thousand. If it is still only 500, I would even consider sendin my motor in when I need a top end done. Good luck with your motor, but b4 you do any of the bores, you might want to look into a pipe, porting, and polishing. I know that machine is capable of beatin a banshee.

Old 12-11-2000, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

it says 600 in another part of their site. i know that they are able to do my year. i am plannin on gettin a new q-racer though hopefully. http://www.powersportsmall.com/psp/s...D=149&CATID=25 click there to see the kit and stuff. it comes with porting ect. i don't have the money for a pipe i have a silencer though... is that enough?? u send them the engine anyways for it anyways. if i get a new q-racer i wanna make it awesome. this one is a piece right now.

Old 12-13-2000, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

I would be careful about going with Trinity. I've heard many bad things about them as far as motors blowing up after they touch them. The negatives about them far outweigh the positives. I would check out LRD's 300 big bore kit. I know several people with LRD motors and they seem to be bullet proof. Almost never hear anything bad about them on the net either. Whatever you do, let us know how it comes out.

You can't beat 400EX's? I can smoke both stock and slightly modified ones. Never raced a 440EX or anything heavily modified.

Old 12-13-2000, 12:40 PM
Range Rover

the 440 isn't all that hot, I raced one. Didn't blow his doors off, but I won and thats what counts. I don't consider my quad to be the biggest baddest out there, but know for sure she is fast.

Old 12-13-2000, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

ok i'm gonna check out lrd but i need the website. guido your site rules i didn't know anything about quadracers (or fourwheelers in general) until i visited your site. and when i said i wanna make my quad look awesome i think about making it look as cool as yours. i had your quads pic in my mind while i was writing that. well just thought u should know lol. hopefully that will come true when i get some money. u don't understand what a POS my quad is right now. i know i should be able to at least keep up with the 400EX but i haven't really been able to. i never really raced one yet because i burnt up my clutch but i'm sure i wouldn't do very well. i'm sure its easy for u to smoke em with all your mods. heres a pic of mine before we fixed it up: http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/...9/4wheeler.jpg yeah i messed with the decals a bit. i've snapped the frame in 2 places (fixed), bent the heck outta my steering rods, steering needs to be aligned, plastics are really scratched, needs a new clutch, and more.Also notice the rims. i have 3 gold 1 silver lol. it wasn't in very good condition when i got it. i wanna get rid of it and start fresh. so thats why i can't beat the 400 EX's right now.

Old 12-14-2000, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

ok i found the LRD website. not much help because its under construction. duz any1 have info on their kits with prices ect?

Old 12-18-2000, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

trinity is messed up i have heard some stories about them too. they can't even get their prices staight. any1 know anything bout the LRD kit? or should i just got with a LT500 engine?

Quick Reply: 295 big bore vs zilla motor on 250