Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson 500 Manual/Rubicon/King Quad?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson 500 Manual/Rubicon/King Quad?????

I am in the market for a new ATV. I have owned several in the past including a Scrambler 500, sport 400 and a raptor 660R.

I sold them all about 3 years ago b/c I did not have time to ride. I am getting the itch to get back into riding. Being older now and with children I want a utility machine. I am considering several Quads, the frontrunner being a Vinson 500 Manual. I also like the King Quad.

What are your opinions on these quads. I hear good things about both of them.

Also, how does the Vinson compare to the Honda Rubicon? I watch ATV Television and it seems like Doug Meyer (the host) thinks the Rubicon is the best thing since sliced bread. Is Douggie just a little over bias toward the Honda, or is the Honda really all he says it is.

I plan on using the quad for trail riding, hunting, and occasionally some work.

Thanks

Old 01-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

i just got the king quad 450 and i love it. compared to the vinson which has a solid rear axle. the king has irs, and i heard great things about them in the reviews of the popular magizines and online websites.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have investigated the KingQuad 450 a little. How does it perform compared to the vinson (engine/power wise).

I was really asking about the KQ 700, as I forgot about the KQ 450.

But I am open to hearing about both of them. I just do not think I will be satisfied with anything smaller than a 500. The last quad I owned was a raptor 660R. I am going to have a hard transition to a utility anyway.

Thanks

Old 01-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

i could'nt answer that question . i have a few friends with 700's but at that time i was riding the ozark around , and it was a snowy day.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Range Rover

Welcome to the forum Vipertech. If you are going to do much work I would suggest a sra atv. I dont know much about the Rubicon but I do know about the Vinson. I killed a 202 lb 10 point the other day, went to get it through some pretty nasty stuff and bad hills. Got the deer loaded up with me and my pop and deer and it carried the weight effortlessly.
With you coming from sport quads you will love the Vinson's power and solid rear axle thet you can slide around similar to a sport atv. They are real sporty as well as a versatile 4x4 utility. There is a ton of aftermarket mods you can get also. I also used to ride the sport atv's but getting up in age and kids I needed a good all around 4x4 with the ability to play every now and then. My vote is for the Vinson manual shift. Good luck and any questions just ask.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:30 AM
PD
Trailblazer

Vipertech...Yes Welcome,

Well I cannot speak specific to the Vinson. I did look at it when I went out to buy about 2 years ago and I actually went with the Eiger. That was primarily a financial driven decision. I just wanted something to move snow around, ride some trails and was big enough for me and not to big for my daughters (14 and 11). The Eiger fit the bill. Now 2 years later I just bought the KQ 700. What a fun ride. I kept the Eiger for the girls and snow work. The KQ I use for waterfowl hunting, having fun in lakes and ponds and love the EFI and IRS. I would recommend the 700. If you have had big before, you understand. The larger question is about the children. The 700 is too powerful for little ones.

My 2 plug nickles worth

Old 01-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input. I got a quote on both, and the vinson Manual is $1100 cheaper than the King Quad 700.

My delima, is the 200cc's, locking diff, and irs really worth the money. It comes out to 20% more expensvie than the Vinson.

I actually prefer not to have IRS. I think a quad feels sportier without it. It is the locking diff and the big bore power that I wonder about.

How much difference in power are we talking? My scrambler was a 500 and my raptor was 660. I could definately tell a difference between the two. They would both haul a$$, but the raptor had alot more top end.
For that matter my modified Sport 400 (scram 2x4) was extremely fast and hard hitting. Almost more than you want to handle day after day. It would wear your forearms out trying to hang on.

Price Quotes:

Vinson Manual - $5399.00

KQ 700 - 6499.00

Also, are these good prices?

Old 01-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

ya those are great prcies good job.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes i also would consider the vinson,the one of the best features is its bulletproof RELIABILIATY,AND HAS MORE POWER THAN THE RUBICON[QWNED BOTH] you seem to get more value with suzuki imho,hope this helps.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:08 PM
PD
Trailblazer

Vipetech,
Well let me put this into a clean picture from my point of view. Either one you are in excellent shape. I have the Eiger and KQ so I have a solid comparison. I know the Eiger to Vinson are way different as well. The KQ is a completely different beast and I prefer it much better than the Eiger. I like the IRS, The Diff Lock, the power and the overall dash pod and features. it is worth the money.

As for prices, those are very good. By the time I got mine OTD, Sales price, Dealer prep, lovely california tax and license it was $8K. Now mine was more due to Camo option. I also got the WInch and other accessories included.

Quick Reply: Vinson 500 Manual/Rubicon/King Quad?????