Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

www.goldatvshop.com - fraud/scam or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.goldatvshop.com - fraud/scam or not?

If you paid via credit card (I certainly hope you did (never buy anything over the internet with anything but a credit card) you need to get your credit card company involved. You have a great deal of leverage with your credit card company. They can help you stop payment and get the ball rolling on getting them shut down.

You also need to get in touch with your state attorney general and they could possibly direct you to the correct federal agencies who need to be contacted the FBI/ secret service/postal service or whoever is doing international internet fraud cases. You also will need to get in contact with your local law enforcement agency and start getting reports. Also start documenting everything and every email and communication. Every phone call and every letter has to be registered mail. Everything must be documented.

You're in for a long haul my friend and getting your money back is a long shot but you need to try.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Its to bad $hit like this has to happen to good ppl.. Hope you get to nail his/her a$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Let us know how you make out on this...I wish you the best of luck....keep us posted!

Old 02-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to hear about these scams, and sorry hearing someone else has been ripped off again by these scumbags that are pulling off these scams ; i wish you luck getting your money back ! But if the scamers are located outside of the us chances or slim to none , i'm not a lawyer but i have had to deal with them before ; unless you're a very wealthy person it would cost you more than you've already lost ! I'm with captainquint on the never paying for something over the internet with/out using a Major/Credit/Debit card , i even go a step beyond that i use paypal ; with paypal you're insured again't these scams/frauds ! With PayPal if you do get ripped they will refund your money and go after the bad guys with their corp. lawfirms ! But again sorry to hear of your woes , and welcome to the forums ! ..................williebee

Old 02-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Herronc ? I hope you don?t mind me asking - just out of curiosity, how much where they asking in freight charges for sending a 500 pound motor vehicle from overseas?