Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Kingquad 700 battery issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingquad 700 battery issues

I am a tech at a dealer that sells suzuki and other brands. I resently bought a 05, I installed the new ecu and relays. I have delt with tons of these issuses, turned out that the IAC valves was getting battery power when key was off, causing a large draw. The newiest ecu has dropped the draw alot.

Here's my two cents, either drive it atleast 20 30 miles a month, you need to drive aleast 5 miles to get battery back up from starting. Cars take 3 miles of driving to do the same.

Buy a battery tender, they work great and I would bet that your dealer would install the leads for free.

How long do you think that your car would last if you just let it sit and never drove it. Ford pickups take about 2 weeks and the battery is dead.

Far as a lawsuit good luck.

What was the main reason that you bought your machine? If you bought it to look at then buy a picture or buy a 300 honda!

Old 05-11-2008, 03:04 AM
Range Rover

Mine does this too, I like you use a battery tender

Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

This website was suggested by a friend when I told him how fed up I am with my 06 King Quad batteries.
I'm on my 3rd battery and am sick of Suzuki giving me the same answer.. NOT their problem.
If you are looking for others on the class action,
let me know.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

man i have a 06 king quad and the battery that is made for it is also the only one that will work for it i have tried others and they die quick and i ended up getting a new one and have never had any more problems since then . but when it dies it dies. the best thing to do is get a chager that you can leave on it when you are not going to use it for a while. that is the best thing to do. really

Old 05-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

A $29.95 battery Tender Jr. is a Hellava lot easier than paying $100+ for a battery each year. I also use the BT Jr. on my motorcycle (124ci / 2033cc) the battery in it will be 4 years old in June.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

UH-Oh!

I just signed for an 06 700 King Quad at Vern's in Antigo.

We are going to be keeping it up at the cabin and will only ride it couple times per month.

THey're not going to prep it for purchase until Monday.

I'm going to call and see if I can get out of the deal....

Old 05-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Cowboyhannah

UH-Oh!
I just signed for an 06 700 King Quad at Vern's in Antigo.

We are going to be keeping it up at the cabin and will only ride it couple times per month.

THey're not going to prep it for purchase until Monday.

I'm going to call and see if I can get out of the deal....</end quote></div>

Why?.........Dude, these are GREAT quads!!! I love my '07. There are "issues" with any quad you'll buy, you just have to learn to deal with them. As mentioned above, spend $29.95 on a "Battery Tender Jr." and plug it in when your not riding it.

I store my motorcycle 7 months out of the year and leave it on the Tender for that entire time. These are "small" trickle chargers that don't put out enough amps to damage a battery.

There are "pricer" tenders out there that have a 'float" function to them also, just depends what you want to spend. DO NOT get anything that charges at a rate greater than 1.8 amps. The battery in the KQ is a "gel cel" and charging at anything over that will "cook" the battery.

Go ahead a get the KQ..........................YOU"LL ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF IT!!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the input. I have mine (an 07 700) scheduled for regular maintenance and was going to bring this problem up at the dealer. Battery tender seems to be the easiest solution.
I noticed it only happened since they did the ignition recall work.

Also, I have an 08 450. Why isn't it happeneing on the 450?
Any thoughts?

Old 06-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah it pretty much sucks huh? It's funny how none of my other machines--or yours--have these problems, but BOTH of our king quads have dead batteries and require multiple rectifiers when not ridden every day--among many other kingquad owners. When everyone else is going on a big ride...mine is down.

SUZUKI RECENTLY FLEW A TECHNICIAN FROM CALIFORNIA TO NEW YORK TO WORK ON MY KING QUAD

(caps for fellow KQ owners to see) because I have demanded to have it resolved or buy it back. No ford afer two weeks sitting requires four batteries after 1200 miles, and my car wont require four batteries in it's life. I currently owe a $160 bill for diagnosis and the parts will cost another $300+, now I supposedly need a neutral switch on top of rectifier number three--but the dealer won't put a warranty on $500 work--BECAUSE THERE IS NO FIX!!

I didn't buy my machine to look at it--it's used. But I haven't seen nearly the reliability that other machines have. My buddy has never jumped his grizzly, it has an original battery after 4 years...

Old 06-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I have a hard time believe that all together. I have an 05 and got the newest ecu right from suzuki no charge cause it was in there 36months from purchase date. I am tech and bought one of these just cause I had to see how bad it really is or was. I have let mine sit with the new ecm for over 2 weeks with no problems what so ever. Now far as one that doesn't charge there's not that much there in any fourwheeler for the charging system. If your going through rectifiers then after the 2nd one suzuki should be covering them under warrenty. Does your dealer know that there is like a 30 day parts warrenty?

Quick Reply: Kingquad 700 battery issues