Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I got my new gators!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007 | 12:54 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default I got my new gators!

I finally got my new gators. I have 27-10-12 on front, and 27-12-12 on rear.I installed them on stock wheels, painted black. Have a look at my pics and let me know what you guys think. There is a front pic and a side pic of the way my eiger looks now. I have to say, since I have been lurking around this forum, I have gotten some great ideas for improving the looks and performance of my bike. The only thing I would like to do but I don't see much sense in it, is to add alloy rims. But I know from looking at my stock rims that it would just be a waste of money. My next improvement is probably to add a jet kit. Just have to decide what I want to put in.

Old 03-22-2007 | 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

those are some serious treads.

Old 03-22-2007 | 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Slop Slingers! They look good.

Old 03-23-2007 | 06:31 AM
|
Trailblazer

yeah, can't wait to get in some serious mud

Old 03-23-2007 | 08:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

That Looks really good - I have been thinking about upgrading my tires. I have an identical bike to yours. I just can't decide what to buy. Everytime I decide I see something else that Changes my mind. I can't but help think from reading all kinds of other things on the web that you would have lost power with 27 inch tires. Have you had the bike out yet? Have you noticed a loss in power? Have you rejetted, filter, and put on a new exhaust? I woul love to put 27 inch tires but I am just afraid to lose the power. I have rejetted and put a K&N filter in and have been accustomed to the additional power. Does the two inch lift put much strain on the bike?

Before seeing your pics and reading your post I had pretty much decided on 26 mudlites or 26 589 with a 2 inch lift. Now I am not sure - 27 would be really cool.

Old 03-23-2007 | 11:18 AM
|
Trailblazer

The lift kit doesn't create any sharp angles for the drive train, so it doesn't seem to bother anything. I've actually had the kit installed for about three years, and i've had zero damage. I pretty much left my bike stock in terms of performance. no jets or filter. I notice very minimal power loss, not enough to make me run out and start trying to regain it. I find the tires very good in mud and snow. This morning was the first opportunity i've had to try them out, and they're great.I was considering 26's as well, but realized they wouldn't give me the resulting appearance i had hoped for. i certainly don't regret getting the 27's.With a jet kit and filter you should be laughing.
BTW, I have been planning on installing a jet kit in the future, what jets did you replace and what size main did you use. mind giving me an est. cost? and what kind of air box mods did you make? Thanks.

Old 03-23-2007 | 11:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Glad to hear you didn't notice a major drop in power. Also glad to hear you have no issues with the lift. Could you send me a pm where you purchased your lift and what you paid for it.

Rejetting, K&N filter, and air box mods was and is probably the cheapest thing you can do for your eiger - And man what a difference. I cannot remember what jet I put in but I will look tonight and get back to you on Monday. I bought a kit online for 50 bucks - cannot remeber from who but I will look it up tonight and get back to you on Monday. The airbox mods actually came from Aksafari. Basically cut three holes on the under side of the airbox lid from the snorkel. Kind of hard to explain. Aksafari has a picture in his gallery of this. Do this in conjuction with a filter and rejet and you will definatley feel the difference.

Old 03-23-2007 | 06:43 PM
|
Trailblazer

yeah, i checked aksafari's pics and he has that one gone. you say on the underside of the snorkel tube?3 3/4" holes covered with some birillo or something similar? i've heard of that somewhere.I appreciate the info on the jet kit, and am waiting eagerly. but like i said, i'm not jetting to regain some power, so i really think you would be safe with 27"'s. Hell, i'd go 28 if i had extra horses to start with. wouldn't that be crazy looking?
I do have it in my mind to lift the front an additional 1" just to make the bike sit level. still looks down in the front to me.
and mentioning aksafari, that's where i got the idea for black rims. i never would have painted unless i seen them first. BTW, pm sent.

Old 03-30-2007 | 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

I only put 26 gators on my eiger and like u, the first couple days of riding i thought i too hadn't lost much power at all. I felt that way until i went and rode some of the places i had previously rode and could tell a difference then. So i jetted, put a k&n and hmf on it and it's now got more power than stock with 25's. However i was curious as to how much power i had gained so i threw some 25's back on it and it was a crazy difference, 0-30 was unreal, before my brothers king quad could pull on me hard from 0-30, now he still beats me, but i have him sweating for a few seconds. But again, throw the heavy 26's back on it and it's still got more power than stock.

Old 03-30-2007 | 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Nice 27's. Sure makes a quad look tough.

When I was thinking about tires, I was thinking as big as possible at first. THEN, I realized that reverse already sucks with stockers, so with 27's or 28's, I'd be in BIG trouble if I was in the mud and needed to back up really hard. OR, down in a ditch with my front bumper up against a bank, and I needed to start from zero and go up a steep something backwards. I was a little nervous about going bigger than 26. Now, I'm really glad to be at 26 and lifted. IF I could gear reverse down some, or I could put it in low, AND reverse, then I'd probably go with 28s. After all, you can always put it in low!

With an auto, can you shift into reverse and low at the same time?

Quick Reply: I got my new gators!