Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger drive belt

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger drive belt

i have a 2005 eiger and was wondering what is the better belt to get when replacing if theres one that stands out more than the rest or are they all about the same

Old 05-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger drive belt

I just bought one from Dayco or something like that. I got it through Advance Auto Parts for around $30-$40. Works fine. I don't know if you'll find a belt that, by itself, makes a huge or even noticeable difference in performance.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Eiger drive belt

Did you put the belt on your self?? Was it tough? Did you bring the old one to the auto part store and match it up or did you explain that is was for an ATV.. I know lots of questions

Old 05-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger drive belt

Yes, I did it myself. It wasn't too difficult, but you'll want to have an impact wrench and I believe a 27mm socket to get the right side pulley (drive side) off. Putting the belt back on is a little tricky, but if you're slightly mechanically inclined, you'll be fine. As far as finding the belt, I believe it is a Dayco HP2027. You can look it up online. I think there's one for sale on flea-bay for $35. Or, just call Advance Auto Parts and they can probably make sure that is the right belt. Good luck.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eiger drive belt

I just recently replaced my belt on my 06 eiger and it was suprizingly easy with a little tip from the local Artic Cat dealer, After removing the drive belt housing cover look on your rear pully close to the center by the shaft and you should have a couple of small threaded holes use your housing cover bolts and tighten evenly this will spread the pully apart and just pull the belt off and replace belt then just do evreything in reverse order and your ready to ride again pretty simple !!!
I went with a Carslile Iltimax belt (P/N: UA-400) from my local Artic CAt dealer, It cost $69.99 verses $86.90 for the OEM belt from the Suzuki Dealer.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:49 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default Eiger drive belt

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RonV

Yes, I did it myself. It wasn't too difficult, but you'll want to have an impact wrench and I believe a 27mm socket to get the right side pulley (drive side) off. Putting the belt back on is a little tricky, but if you're slightly mechanically inclined, you'll be fine. As far as finding the belt, I believe it is a Dayco HP2027. You can look it up online. I think there's one for sale on flea-bay for $35. Or, just call Advance Auto Parts and they can probably make sure that is the right belt. Good luck.</end quote></div>

I do not know if Suzuki has a odd set up but I never heard of having to remove clutch or secondary to change a belt on a ATV or any snow machine (your suppose to be able to change a belt on the trail). Here is a you tube video of a ATV belt change. How to change a Belt without tools.

He takes the clutch off to inspect it but it had nothing to do with the belt change itself.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Range Rover
Default Eiger drive belt

yes you have to remove the secondary to change the belt

Trending Topics

Old 10-18-2007, 12:44 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default Eiger drive belt

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bastosako

yes you have to remove the secondary to change the belt</end quote></div>

Thats like needing to pull out a motor to change a spark plug.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger drive belt

I had to take the drive side pulley off anyway when I changed my belt as I had something to fix on that side. The set up is similar so maybe you can just walk it on like that vid. Thanks.