Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

vinson squealing

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vinson squealing

2005 vinson 500 auto 4x4 i got a couple of questions when i brake hard and come to a complete stop it squeals when i try to take of agion and i have to give it more throttle then usual? this has me stumped and also when i ride slowly u can hear a slight grinding noise i think its the front breaks iv used break cleaner on them and i have ajusted them so there alot of play in the brake lever but it still does it any sugestions [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Range Rover
Default vinson squealing

Check your brake pads front and rear. How many miles. One of mine has around 1700 miles on it and I have replaced the pads twice.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default vinson squealing

alright that might explane the grinding noise cuzz i got 2100 miles on it now but but still stumped on the squealing

Old 06-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default vinson squealing

possibly some dirt/rocks on the rotors...

Old 06-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default vinson squealing

If your brake pads are to far gone it will be metal to metal and squeal alot and let the caliper piston extend to far and stick. I've replaced mine 3 time front and back with 2200 mi..

Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default vinson squealing

alright let me word this differently i understand my brakes are shot in the front i took them off yesterday and there bad but the squealing im talking about when i brake hard and come to a complete stop or even if im in deep mud and the tires *** to a stop right after i let of the throttle when i give it throttle agion theres a loud squealing and then i give it more throttle and the tires start to spin agion

Old 06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Range Rover
Default vinson squealing

Have you checked your belt?

Old 06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default vinson squealing

good idea never thought of that i changed the rear gear lube the other day it only had a little over 1 cup of lube in it? i put more than that in it cuzz it seem awfuly low and it doesnt seem to do that squealing as much?

Old 06-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Range Rover
Default vinson squealing

I think it may have been a coincidence (sp) with the diff. oil. The rear diff. dont hold much oil. Not sure about the amount but I will look in my manual tonight and let you know if my crs dont kick in.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default vinson squealing

I hope that I can shed some light on your squealing problem. I had the same problem with my Eiger. If I had to brake hard, every time I would start out I could hear my belt squeal. I thought that I just needed a new belt, so I bought one. And the FSM so that I could find out how to change it. I pulled the belt cover off and was expecting to find one sorry looking belt. But the belt still looked brand new. So left the cover off and drove it around a little bit to get it to squeal. I found that as I accelerated, everything would work just fine. You could see the clutches working and the gear ratio change. It was kind of cool to watch. But, when I would slow down, the clutch towards the front of the ATV would bind up, it wouldn't move smoothly. If I hit the brakes hard, and stopped fast, it seemed to make it worse. The squeal was because now there was no longer the prober tension on the belt. As soon as it vibrated a little bit, the belt would return back to its proper position and all would be well until I had to stop again. To fix this, I took and lubricated, very lightly, the part that was binding up. I put it back together and the bike ran better than it had when I bought it brand new. I hope that you can make sense of this, I am just not sure what the proper terms for all the different parts are.

Quick Reply: vinson squealing