Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

vinson squealing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vinson squealing

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ajporter03

I hope that I can shed some light on your squealing problem. I had the same problem with my Eiger. If I had to brake hard, every time I would start out I could hear my belt squeal. I thought that I just needed a new belt, so I bought one. And the FSM so that I could find out how to change it. I pulled the belt cover off and was expecting to find one sorry looking belt. But the belt still looked brand new. So left the cover off and drove it around a little bit to get it to squeal. I found that as I accelerated, everything would work just fine. You could see the clutches working and the gear ratio change. It was kind of cool to watch. But, when I would slow down, the clutch towards the front of the ATV would bind up, it wouldn't move smoothly. If I hit the brakes hard, and stopped fast, it seemed to make it worse. The squeal was because now there was no longer the prober tension on the belt. As soon as it vibrated a little bit, the belt would return back to its proper position and all would be well until I had to stop again. To fix this, I took and lubricated, very lightly, the part that was binding up. I put it back together and the bike ran better than it had when I bought it brand new. I hope that you can make sense of this, I am just not sure what the proper terms for all the different parts are.</end quote></div>

thanks it think i might just try that this also might explane y it didnt realy do it today because just 2 days ago i had to emty out the drive belt chamber cuzz i went threw a little to much wanter i drained about oh idk maybe a gallen of water out of it