Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

is DOWN SHIFTIING a must?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is DOWN SHIFTIING a must?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jetmotoracer

aaaa... srcew the video game cant u hear the bike calling ride me ride me[img][/img] ...... thats how u get better...... but what i dont under stand is the hole " how do i down hshift" not to be rude bude but like what is there to not get when the rpms are like 0 to shift down a gear or ifd u have to climb some thing or if ur gooing fast a knogh speed then u can climb ion a higher gear so u may have to up shift.... like i can climp pinning it on my jetmoto.......and its pretty steep to its a big sand hill so u just have to get a feal for it by practiceing then it will just become natraule</end quote></div>

the whole point is to keep him from getting hurt until he learns to ride properly and skillfully

some people just have a feel for it/are naturals, some people dont. I used to think my friends on little 125 4 strokes were good riders until they tried the MX bikes and couldnt handle them. I had hardly any experience on dirtbikes and i could completely pwn them on mx bikes.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Punctuation is your friend

Originally Posted by jetmotoracer
aaaa... srcew the video game cant u hear the bike calling ride me ride me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ...... thats how u get better...... but what i dont under stand is the hole " how do i down hshift" not to be rude bude but like what is there to not get when the rpms are like 0 to shift down a gear or ifd u have to climb some thing or if ur gooing fast a knogh speed then u can climb ion a higher gear so u may have to up shift.... like i can climp pinning it on my jetmoto.......and its pretty steep to its a big sand hill so u just have to get a feal for it by practiceing then it will just become natraule
dude you can’t even spell simple words how are you going jump on other people for not understanding downshifting.

Old 06-26-2022, 02:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the date, you just responded to something from 15 years ago. I doubt that person is even here anymore. I had an Ozark myself and i mostly rode it in 2nd or 3rd gear most of the time on the trails. If I needed a bit more torque, i would downshift to 1st but it was so slow in 1st. 4th or 5th gear was for road riding.