Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki King Quad Front Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki King Quad Front Brake Problems

Hello All,

Allright, i have recently purchased a 2001 Suzuki King Quad 300 (private party). I have had some problems with the right fromt brake locking up. I took the brake assembly apart and cleaned it thoughtly with brake cleaner and relubed it accordingly. It works fine for about five ten miles and then locks up tighter than a %#$%^. The hydraulic brake handle is extremely stiff and wont depress. From what i can figure out the adjuster is continously getting tighter and tighter until there isn't any room to give. My questions is could the adjuster arms (this one has opposing teeth on metal arms) be assembled backwards somehow? When i depress the adjuster it doesn't loosen the brake assembly, it makes it tighter. Weird. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Kyle

Old 09-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suzuki King Quad Front Brake Problems

Well it could be ,if the brake's have been rebuilt before by someone other than yourself ; and it could've been a factory mistake ! But if this is not the case here i would think it sound's like air buildup inside the mastercyclinder or wheel cyclinder or caliper , one other thing come's to mind is weather the brake's were burnished correctly during dealer prep ; or after you are the previous owner or owner's replaced the brake's since new ! It is very important that the brake's are prepped/burnished after brake shoes/pads replacement , also the condition of the drum/rotors ; ie: a mirror shiny or glazed look to them mean's they need resurfaced or you will have trouble ! There's a link on www.bikebandit.com with a part's layout , there are other site's with better schematic's on the web ; but this is the only one that come's to mind now ! Hope this help's or at the least get's someone with more info jump's in to help you ! ........................