Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

runs poorly

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default runs poorly

i have a 07 450 king quad,since the first day i had it,it don't seem to run just right;we have a very poor dealership in our area and even worst mechanics;does anyone know if you can change the fuel maps or something to make this thing run a little better,the dealership said he had never heard of such a thing, it back fires,i'm all ways smelling gas,it seems to be running quite rich;;;;any help sure would be great,i'm kinda stumped here...............................i'll try it again,come on guys surely somebody knows something..........also the throttle responce is worst than a carb

Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default runs poorly

my 450 doesn't run rich but it does backfire. They tell me it is normal in certain decelleration situations it will do that,but it really hasn't backfire since I installed the K&N AIR FILTER

Old 10-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default runs poorly

I believe the valves being out of adjustment can cause the engine to backfire...

Hunter

Old 10-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default runs poorly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wayout

i have a 07 450 king quad,since the first day i had it,it don't seem to run just right;we have a very poor dealership in our area and even worst mechanics;does anyone know if you can change the fuel maps or something to make this thing run a little better,the dealership said he had never heard of such a thing, it back fires,i'm all ways smelling gas,it seems to be running quite rich;;;;any help sure would be great,i'm kinda stumped here...............................</end quote></div>

Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default runs poorly

i have a 07 450 king quad,since the first day i had it,it don't seem to run just right;we have a very poor dealership in our area and even worst mechanics;does anyone know if you can change the fuel maps or something to make this thing run a little better,the dealership said he had never heard of such a thing, it back fires,i'm all ways smelling gas,it seems to be running quite rich;;;;any help sure would be great,i'm kinda stumped here...............................i'll try it again,come on guys surely somebody knows something..........</end quote></div>

Old 10-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default runs poorly

check the vaccum line to the fuel valve and make sure it is totally dry, sounds like what mine was doing, it was sucking gas in ahead of the carb.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default runs poorly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Jack3424

check the vaccum line to the fuel valve and make sure it is totally dry, sounds like what mine was doing, it was sucking gas in ahead of the carb.</end quote></div>

mine is efi,what do you have,you said ahead of the carb; if you have efi what did you do to fix it...............

Old 10-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default runs poorly

mine is not EFI its a carb, right now I just plugged both lines and running on prime, might be worth a look to find how your fuel system works (fuel valve). I have a 2005 eiger, the suction comes from engine (intake side of carb) that opens the diaphram on the fuel valve, diaphram seems to be bad, a new one is 90 bucks!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default runs poorly

i have a 07 450 king quad,since the first day i had it,it don't seem to run just right;we have a very poor dealership in our area and even worst mechanics;does anyone know if you can change the fuel maps or something to make this thing run a little better,the dealership said he had never heard of such a thing, it back fires,i'm all ways smelling gas,it seems to be running quite rich;;;;any help sure would be great,i'm kinda stumped here...............................i'll try it again,come on guys surely somebody knows something..........also the throttle responce is worst than a carb</end quote></div>

Old 10-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default runs poorly

i have a 07 450 king quad,since the first day i had it,it don't seem to run just right;we have a very poor dealership in our area and even worst mechanics;does anyone know if you can change the fuel maps or something to make this thing run a little better,the dealership said he had never heard of such a thing, it back fires,i'm all ways smelling gas,it seems to be running quite rich;;;;any help sure would be great,i'm kinda stumped here...............................i'll try it again,come on guys surely somebody knows something..........also the throttle responce is worst than a carb</end quote></div>
come on guys,,,,,,.......