Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Need feedback from king quad 450 owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need feedback from king quad 450 owners

I am considering buying this quad. Would like some feedback as to how this quad is holding up. Reliability, durability, etc. Is it a work horse when needed and so on.

I plan on using it for work duties at the hunting camp & hauling deer (hopefully) and some everyday trail riding.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Trailblazer

It is a smooth reliable machine. It is not a big bore toy. We have one for the women and a loaner bike. I call it the lame duck as it has no guts. If you want to save money or have a beginner friendly bike with fuel injection it is a good buy. If you are an experienced rider and expect some power and smiles buy the 700. There are a lot of 07 model 700's with good rebates in inventories.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have had mine for a year now, and love it. Of course, what kind of performance you expect to have, determines how you will like the 450. I have had mine out with the big boys and it goes anywhere they go. It won overall performance in the 500 class shoot out. It is a true 450 cc, meaning that it truly has 454 cc. If your looking for speed and the sound of a 700, then maybe this is not for you. For good trail riding, go anywhere, then I suggest serious consideration.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Range Rover

Hey thanks for the feed-back everyone. I have owned two Polaris 500's, great machines, very comfortable, etc. but they are so dang heavy. It's a trade off for the plus's of the atv. Personally if the king quad 450 has comprobable performance and comfort and work traits as my old 500's I would rather try it.
Big bores machines are great but I really don't need that much power, unless of course the price is right!

Anyone else?

Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

ive had my kingquad for about a year and i love it it's very comfortable and powerful for a 450 and the fuel consumption is great

Old 01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

I only had mine for like 2 weeks now but so far I love it. Lots of power for a 450 and a great ride.

And I'm sure it can be a good work horse as well. I used mine to move some of my small trailers around my yard and it handled them with ease.

The only issues I have found so far is that the steerring seems to be some what twitchy. The steering is very light so if you hit a bad rut when driving it can could yank the handle bars out your hands quite easily.

The other issue is that there seems to be too much plastic on this bike. Plastic skids plates, and not enough front protection for the plastic grills. So then a guy has to buy after market bumpers, skid plates and such. I also had to drill a hole in a plastic cover just to get access to my oil dip stick.
My old Honda I used to have at least had metal skids plates, durabable fender flares and full front brush guards from the factory.

Other then those small issues I think this will be a great machine. I hope mine stands up well.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Range Rover

DHV21,

Twitchy steering huh. That's not good, especially like you mentioned, if you were to hit a rut or probably even a log or rock.

Secondly, plastic skid plates? you've got to be kidding. That's one way to keep the weight of an atv down. That sucks. By the time you get protection underneath and front the weight of the atv starts going up rather quickly.

I plan on going to test ride one hopefully this weekend.

Thanks for the insight on those issues.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

i dont seem to have any problem with steering seems to be no different than any other similar quad as far as skid plates for any serious off roading involving alot of rocks aluminum skids are recommended and as far as a workhorse i havent found anything i couldnt move yet i can pull fully loaded wagons of straw around if i need to but stopping can be a different question lol

Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know how other brands come from the factory, but would imagine that there are "flaws" in all brands, depending on your expectations. The only way you can truly get what you want, is if you could have the factory build you one to your specifications, like people order cars from factory. That being said, one of suzuki's selling points is it's lite weight compared to other brands. This is a selling strength compared to others. Only Yamaha has power steering so far. I knew when I bought mine that I would be making changes. The selling price was important to me, and saved me money that I could put in on the changes. Also, it had all the features that I wanted that others did not have in that class and price range. I have had only one time when steering handles yanked my hands a little, and that was because I wasn't watching the trail that closely. Just take time to consider and weigh all the options about whats good and not so good with what you may purchase. Good Luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Need feedback from king quad 450 owners