Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

new SUZUKI QUADSPORT info !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2001, 09:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was referring to MOTOcross bikes, not street bikes. I would love to have a GSXR, but unfortunately i'm a poor college student. When was the last time that you heard a magazine declare an RM top mx dog? I just don't think they will have a peformance quad anytime soon. Especially one to outperform the R.
....freddie

Old 02-01-2001, 11:30 PM
Range Rover

Mr TurdFerguson
there is no bike company that touches Suzuki in the performance category. HAyabusa- not only the fastast, but also the quickest stock 1/4 mile bike run mid 9's. Take a look at the new gxsr's. The 750 noone touches the class crown but SUZ. The old 600 did great years before even winning abunch of titles, but now its badder then ever. Then there is the new open class monster the GSXR1000. It doesnt way much more then a 600 class bike with over 150hp at the rear wheel. Just face it Suzukis kick ***. It should be an exciting year in Superbike competion. As far as dirt bikes are conserned, I have no clue. All i know is that any 250 class dirt bike is way more then I can handl LOL
matty

Old 02-02-2001, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

The DRZ with a very restrictive stock exhaust has a very nice broad power curve peaking at approx 35hp at the rear wheel.

Simply remove the exhaust baffle and rejet and you retain that very nice power curve and output 39.5 hp at the rear wheel.

The YZ426F (one of the strongest 4 strokes per cc available on an off road motorcycle) puts down about 43HP to the rear wheel.

The DRZ engine is far from tame, and has a lot of potential (personally I've never heard anyone call an engine with 12.2:1 compression & a wild enough cam to run pump gas with it tame). It is actually setup very similar to a Yamaha WR which is a direct decendent of the YZF.

Suzuki will detune it for a quad, I've said it before, but I expect low mid 30's for stock HP (which, by the way, is more than a stock 250R). With a lot of potential beyond that. Certainly a step in the right direction for the sport quad world.

Let's only hope they do the chassis justice (something Suzuki has not been known for in the past)

Old 02-02-2001, 10:59 AM
Trailblazer

1999 250 national champion suzuki rm250 2000 125 national champion suzuki rm125 dont live by magazine shootouts there out to sell mags. nothing else all brands very competitive with the right pilot

Old 02-02-2001, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Correction:
Busa in a drag, says 98% of printed tests i've seen.
"on the track" how about Superbike champion Matt Mladin on a GSXR750 both in 1999 and 2000.
Also best 2001 600, 750, 1000 (all GSXRs) & fastest open class GT.

How about that Scrambler 3 wheeler?

1986 Polaris Scrambler 3 wheeler
1995 Polaris Scrambler 400 4X4
1987 Suzuki LT500R Quadracer

Old 02-02-2001, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Like what was previously stated by another poster, the only thing that worries me about the upcoming Quadsport is its chassis and suspension. Hopefully, they will follow Yamaha's route and copy the aftermarket in terms of geometry.

Old 02-02-2001, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

By removing the "exhaust baffle" and rejetting you lose the S/A and pick up .5 hp and with the best pipe avaiable you pick up 2 hp.Now do the same to the 250R.The DRZ is not based on the WR and the DRZ is tame.Compare it to the RM, because that is what was done here. The RM would destroy the DRZ both because it makes more hp and weighs alot less.The DRZ was aimed at competeing with the XR400 and thats what an atv version of it will be, a tame heavy trail bike.

Old 02-03-2001, 12:48 AM
Range Rover

Dirt Bike Magazine named the RM125 king of the hill for all the 2001 MX bikes.December 2000 for all those in doubt.

Old 02-03-2001, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

If you're going to question what I have posted, you need to do your homework.

There are dyno runs to show what I have posted, available on the net, I didn't pull those numbers out of thin air. Go find them if you care to dispute (or produce your own)...

The DRZ KILLS the XR in acceleration. Do you have any idea the differences in these two engines? They are SUBSTANTIAL. For starters the XR is a 9.3:1 compression engine, the DRZ is a 12.2:1 compression engine, the DRZ uses the Keihin Flat CR 39mm carb (same as the YZ426F) the XR uses a mild - non pumper 36mm, the DRZ is quite a bit more oversquare than the XR, care for me to go on?

Believe me, I wish the XR was setup similarly to the DRZ, being that my 400EX is essentially an XR on 4 wheels.

I never said the DRZ was based on the WR, those two bikes are from different manufacturers, your comment made no sense. I did say they output very similar power levels and have very similar engine setups. The DRZ puts out a much more broad power curve and actually with both uncorked (DRZ jetted and no S/A - and WR without throttle stop) the DRZ puts out slightly more peak power and does so over a MUCH more broad RPM spectrum than the WR.

Why are you attempting to compare the DRZ to the RM? No one else did as you suggested. The DRZ is not a motocrosser, that, however does not mean the engine doesn't develop good horsepower.

You need to get your facts straight before being so adamant about your statements.

Old 02-04-2001, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Get MY facts straight? "Simply remove the exhaust baffle and rejet and you retain that very nice power curve and 39.5 hp" I quote from dirt bike magazine april 2000 page 36 "where the WRF and XRs have removable exaust inserts, the DRZ does not.Removing the chrome end cap does nothing." "It is actually setup very similar to a Yamaha WR which is a direct decendent of the YZF." Larger Wrist pin, longer stroke and four valves, the DRZ is a basic 4stroke."It's(the DRZ powered atv) a QuadRacer replacement" The quadracer was a racer and since we are comparing motorcycle motors the DRZ atv was said to beat even the 250R,which is the atv equavilant to the RM, and a DRZ powered atv will not beat the 250R. The same as the DRZ will not beat the RM, it was designed to compete with the XR400.My homework is my life, I have been on motorcycles all my life and know them like my family.Just because 2strokes are being threatened does not mean I will give credit where credit isn't due, the DRZ is not high tech, it is a basic 4stroke which is not high performance and will not beat the 80s bikes that still dominate the atv world today.Its sad, I wish any manufacturer would make something to better what we had 10 years ago, but until they offer a real racer the 250R will still dominate.

Quick Reply: new SUZUKI QUADSPORT info !!!