Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson Footpeg/Floorboard Reinforcement?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson Footpeg/Floorboard Reinforcement?

This fall, I will be taking my '03 Vinson auto on the Rubicon trail in California. I already have a full set of Ricochet skid plates installed (very pleased with them, highly recommend). From previous experience on the trail with my other ATV, the floorboards will be taking a SERIOUS pounding! The one area that is NOT protected by the excellent Ricochet skid plates is the footpeg/floorboard area, which those granite boulders will eat up straight away.

Anyone have any success at reinforcing the bottom of the floorboards on a Vinson? They appear to be fairly weak and I have already broken the left side floorboard support bracket just going over a couple logs.

A couple misc thoughts/questions on this:
- KQ appears to have similar footwells, anyone reinforce these for rock crawling?
- The manual Vinny footpeg bracket appears stronger with a full loop on the outer tube, do these fit on the auto Vinny? I can't tell from the microfiche views and do not have another Vinson to compare, they may have different frames.
- If there is no easy way to reinforce the floorboards, I may suck up the damage then replace floorboards/footpegs upon return. The price of having fun I guess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

This is my first post, so please excuse any mistakes as I am a forum-posting newbie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]. I have been lurking for some time and searched the forums here with no success.

Any input would be appreciated!