Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

My 86 LT230S

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 86 LT230S

20 inch in back. The front being higher makes it more comfortable flying downhill on rocky trails. Doesn't seem to affect hill climbing any. Just feels better all the way around. I also lowered the shock in the back too. The lower I can get the back, the happier I am. That works the best for trails.... Maybe not in the mud, I don't know, I don't take it muddin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm sure ITP and Maxis have tires to do the same thing, but they usually cost more than the kendas. I did a lot of research before buying the kendas... Got lots of opinions. My main goal was to not have a tire that grabbed too much because I like sliding. The 230 doesn't have enough power to break loose a really aggressive tire. And I wanted a tire that was flat on top. Balloon tires (like you have) makes it a bit scary to slide... You never know if you're going to roll suddenly. And the Kendas are "dual rotation".... One way is for hard pack or flip them around for soft ground. So, kinda like 2 tires in 1. They weigh about 16 lbs. The ITP Trac Stars weigh 17lbs (not 13 like they say). I have both tires.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

what type of rear shock is that randy

i love all the pictures i have an 88 that looks like **** but as long as it runs i dont care

Old 10-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

Its from a 1989 LT250S. So are the front ones.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

do i have to move the mounts or do they bolt right on

Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

Pretty sweet, especially for a true first quad. Pretty clean for an 86 though, shocked that the front tires still hold air though! I'd love to see some pictures after a really really good wash/waxing, she would probably be even sweeter.

BTW, for a first true quad, it beats the pants out of my Baja 90 (well in terms of power anyways), but I liked learning to ride on it anyways lol.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Canadian144

Pretty sweet, especially for a true first quad. Pretty clean for an 86 though, shocked that the front tires still hold air though! I'd love to see some pictures after a really really good wash/waxing, she would probably be even sweeter.

BTW, for a first true quad, it beats the pants out of my Baja 90 (well in terms of power anyways), but I liked learning to ride on it anyways lol.</end quote></div>

not a bad ride for a broke college kid, haha. I'll be getting her shined up and hopefully the oil leak sealed up next weekend along with a new spark plug and hopefully getting my lighting to work. I will post more pics upon completion! Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

Haha, I'll be looking forward to some pics after all of that stuff is done! Good luck!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: zz8t

do i have to move the mounts or do they bolt right on</end quote></div>

The rear shock will probably bolt right up, but it is a little longer. The front shocks are a couple inches longer and will need to move the mounts.

I have longer a-arms and swingarm.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29
not a bad ride for a broke college kid, haha.</end quote></div>

What are you going to major in?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> I'll be getting her shined up and hopefully the oil leak sealed up next weekend along with a new spark plug and hopefully getting my lighting to work. I will post more pics upon completion! Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming! </end quote></div>

Your lighting coil may be burnt. Mine was. Its easy to do if someone tried to hook up more lights or the wrong kind of lights.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default My 86 LT230S

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

not a bad ride for a broke college kid, haha.</end quote></div>

What are you going to major in?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> I'll be getting her shined up and hopefully the oil leak sealed up next weekend along with a new spark plug and hopefully getting my lighting to work. I will post more pics upon completion! Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming! </end quote></div>

Your lighting coil may be burnt. Mine was. Its easy to do if someone tried to hook up more lights or the wrong kind of lights.</end quote></div>

I'm going to be majoring in mechanical engineering and I was looking at the wiring and there's like 3 disconnected wires up front, plus the on-off switch is broken so I'll either by-pass it or get a little waterproof switch somewhere.

Quick Reply: My 86 LT230S