Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki LTZ250 Noise in gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki LTZ250 Noise in gear

I have a 2004 Suzuki ltz250. I bought it with a noise. I have driven for a year with the noise and nothing has happened. I may sell so I don't want someone turned off. So here is the thing. It makes a sound like gargling if you were a quad when you put the bike in gear. Every gear. even in reverse. You can slowly put the bike in gear and you can hear it slowly winding up,,,then when put it completely in gear it is full gargle. It shifts great,, and into every gear with ease. Clutch never slips either. Does anyone have ANY ideas.??? Thanks..

Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: staneley

I have a 2004 Suzuki ltz250. I bought it with a noise. I have driven for a year with the noise and nothing has happened. I may sell so I don't want someone turned off. So here is the thing. It makes a sound like gargling if you were a quad when you put the bike in gear. Every gear. even in reverse. You can slowly put the bike in gear and you can hear it slowly winding up,,,then when put it completely in gear it is full gargle. It shifts great,, and into every gear with ease. Clutch never slips either. Does anyone have ANY ideas.??? Thanks..</end quote></div>

What kind of mouth wash does the Quad use ....?

Did you check the timing and for valve clearance to start...

Old 12-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

lol... amsoil... I just had new rings new valve seals put it. Mechanic said top end was great. Cross hairs were still in the cylinder from the manufacturer. Sound is coming from down on the right side (if you are sitting on the bike) down around the clutch on the bottom end not the top end. He never heard it before either.But he doesn't work on a lot of 4 strokes with semi auto clutches. He is mainly a 2 stroke guy or clutch 4 stroke racer.. But I didn't want him to tear it down right now with xmas coming. Just wnted to know if anyone else ever had this problem..No filings when you change the oil either...