Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

02 Eiger spark intermittment

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Eiger spark intermittment

Yes, the magnets have to go back in order and are evenly spaced. The ends and middles of the magnets have different poles and have to be aligned ABA,BAB,ABA,BAB,ABA,and BAB. You get the drift , right?
< I inquired about adhesives and the one product is about $60 plus shipping. Hernon's React 767 and Primer#56, which is an acrylic adhesive is what was suggested to me. I personnally still need two magnets before I can attempt anything. Also, I'm still awaiting a phone call regarding the warranty issue. If you decide to get a new, let me know, and I'll buy the magnets from you. Also, The magnet in the new flywheel does not go all the way around, although it does look that way. There are still 6 magnets glued to the flywheel however, there is a steel retainer ring which goes all the way around assuring that they can not come loose. Good Luck.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Range Rover

Cragle1 Thanks for the information. That got me thinking, Can I reattach the magents while it is still installed? I would think I could. I'm not sure if i can tell where the magnets were place. They would have to got back at same place or timing would be off right? I'll have to look harder at the flywheel and see if I can tell where they were. Where do you get the adhesive and Primer? Internet?
warranty-- is yours still under warranty?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

You are going to have to pull the flywheel which requires a special puller. Do not attempt to remove it with anything else as you will bend the shaft.(2 people did it)
You are also going to have to clean everything real well which means removing the magnets and keeping them in order. I'm really not sure if it matters where they start and end but the spacing and sequence is important. I would first call or visit your local dealer and see if he would warranty it. That is where I'm at right now. I'll check back and I'll follow with the company that sells the glue.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

Scott, The company that can get this adhesive is The Bearing and Transmission Company and their phone number is 330-425-1546. As I stated, I haven't actually done this yet but the technicians at Hernon assured me that this would hold in heat and motor oil and is probably very close to what is originally used. Let me know how you make out either way. I'm still waiting to hear from Artic Cat regarding the warranty.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

Scott, I received a phone call today and Artic Cat is going to warantee the part. My ATV is an 03 with 3200 miles on it. I still have to pay the labor as they want it installed by an Artic Cat dealer. Remember, that is a Suzuki part. I'd talk with you local dealer and tell him that AC is standing behind that part as it is defective.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Range Rover

cragle1, Thanks for the information. I took mine into the dealer last friday. They was going to oder the flywheel and install it for me. I left most of the ATV apart so they will not have much labor in it. I left all parts that I took off at home so labor should not be a big issue. I'll contact them about it and see if they can get Suzuki to pay for flywheel.

Thanks

Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Range Rover

Suzuki will not pay for flywheel. I got it replaced and have it back. What a difference. It is the best it has ran since I got it 2 years ago. Starts up right away. Now I just have to get it all back together. I'm sure I'll have to adjust the carb some. I already reset the idle jet(screw) but it may need a little more adjustment.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

Scott, I cannot believe that Suzuki will not cover the parts for you. I have since run into two other Artic Cats flywheel issues and there is one currently on the Suzuki chat forum where the company covered the parts. It may pay you to give it another shot by calling the company direct. More than not, I'm finding that some dealers are not helping.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, just read a post of yours regarding the magnets in the magneto of an Eiger. I've just finished regluing the magnets back into the flywheel with great success, however I'm not able to generate any spark now. I'm wondering if i've glued the magnets back in wrong. I wasn't sure which way to arrange them, so I just made it so they are attracted to eachother the whole way around. Now I'm thinking I should have made it so they repel each other. Do you have any knowledge as to the polarity and arrangement sequence of these magnets?? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider