Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need help finding tires for my Ozark 250

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding tires for my Ozark 250

I have a Ozark 250. The stock tires are still on it and they SUCK! I race with my buddies down paved streets and when theses traffic we take it to grass/dirt trails so i need tires that will be light and great for ridin so any help will be appreciated! Thanks

Old 01-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at ITP tires and Maxxis Razor tires. They seem to be pretty good.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

kenda klaws are a nice tire that are a little more affordable too. I was told to try kenda klaws and I like them a lot on my 230.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Why do the stock tires "suck?" Can you be more specific as to what types of problems you are having with the stock tires?

We have two Ozarks both with after market tires now but we rode the stock tires until they were worn out. We never thought the stock tires "sucked."

Actually, I thought they were a pretty good all around tire but not a specialty tire. We ended up replacing them with tires that are better in the mud.

If you are looking for a light tire, the stock tires are one of the lightest available for the Ozark. I think this is one of the reasons Suzuki chose them for the Ozark. The little 250 has no problem turning these light Dunlops. You will have a hard time finding a tire in 22-10-9 size that weigh less than the 16.1 pounds of the stock tires.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

they suck because they dry out fast, they ware out extremely fast and they are terrible in the snow. thats why i think they suck.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Okay now I got it.

Have you tried other ATV tires? Most 2WD ATV's suck in the snow regardless of the tires. They do make snow tires for quads but if it is a 2WD it will still not be great.

I have found my Kenda Bear Claws to wear better than the stock tires. I think they make the Bear Claws out of iron.

On the flip side, in general, tires that wear faster have better grip on hard surfaces.

It took us three years and a lot of riding to wear out our stock tires. Are you smoking them on asphalt or something?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah. i have a Ozark and I would also like to upgrade my tires. Something better in mud and over rough trails. Im not a mudder or a rockclimber, but sometimes it calls for it. I got stuck in about a 3"'s of mud. Pretty imbarrassing.

I do have a wench just in case.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, a wench is nice to have.

My wife gets pretty pissed off about it, though.

We like our mud tires but they are heavier and we did notice a slight power loss compared to the stock tires. It's all a trade-off.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 2003 Suzuki Ozark and I had ITP Mudlites on them till they wore out
Now I have AMS Swamp Fox's on it (talked into it by a friend) and I absolutely love them.
They are very comparable to the Mudlites but seem to dig much better and clean out much better in the mud
Also have had them in sand near the creeks and seem to do really well in there too.
I am really impressed with these tires and would recommend them to anyone needing new tires

Oh and by the way, the reason that your tires wore out so quickly is because you ride your qaud on the road.
any atv tire that is rode on the road will wear out quickly. I would avoid this as much as possible.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to say guys but, I honestly think the Interco Swamp Lites tire (like I have[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) are the absolute BEST all around tire for a 2x4 ATV. They actually do really well in snow, mud, hard packed trails, and what ever else. I have not had a chance to try them in sand though. They stay clean and dig through whatever is in front of them, but that is probably because they have 1 inch deep lugs. They ride very smooth, smoother than the stock tires! I have not really noticed a big power decrease at all. If you know how to ride the Ozark, you will get through almost anything you point it at with these tires, except my swamp, that you need a winch for.

As for light tires, racing tires are going to be your best bet. 20 inch tall tires will probably be pretty light. Take a look at ITP's wesite: www.itptires.com
They have a good selection of sport tires.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: milsaps101

Yeah. i have a Ozark and I would also like to upgrade my tires. Something better in mud and over rough trails. Im not a mudder or a rockclimber, but sometimes it calls for it. I got stuck in about a 3"'s of mud. Pretty imbarrassing.

I do have a wench just in case.</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: need help finding tires for my Ozark 250