Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

THUNDER PRODUCTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THUNDER PRODUCTS

Well, I've stumbled across the "dial a jet" a bunch of times, and thought "wtf, thats bs". But today I saw it mentioned on the 230 thread, and decided to look into it.

Well, all I can say is I was amazed at the amount of reasearch that has gone into thier products. Also, everything looks to be of excellent quality. Theres lots of great info on thier site and now I'm seriously considering some of thier products, but I'd like some of your opinions.

First off, the "UFO". The 3/4 - 1hp gain/100cc sounds just too good. What do you guys think. There is definatley some good points backing it up. Like the turbulance in the roundslide cavity, and the atomization quality due to that, etc.

But, I'm going to have to measure my carb, since the smallest UFO available is for 30mm carbs. I know I have a larger one than stock, but I'm not sure how much larger. Just out of curiosity, what is the stock carb size on a 1986 LT230S?

Next, the "dial a jet" vs. the "powerjet". It appears to me that they both do similar things, and they both claim to be capable of "on the fly" jetting adjustments. But I just wonder why the dial a jet is more expensive, and why there isn't a snorkel available for the powerjet. Maybe the powerjet doesn't deliver pre-emusified fuel? Any thoughts?

Sorry to ramble, but these kinds of things really get me going lol.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default THUNDER PRODUCTS

The stock carb is 26mm.

The dial-a-jet works ok. I haven't been using it for long enough to say much more, but I can tell its at least doing something.

I stole the idea of the UFO and filled my slide with jb weld. Not something I recommend unless you have lots of time on your hands.

You should call the tech guy at thunder products for more info. He's pretty helpful.

"Some may wonder how this differs from a Dial-A-Jet. The Thunder PowerJet is not air corrected like a Dial-A-Jet, so there's no mixing chamber or emulsion mixture. This is raw fuel being delivered here. Thus, the range of adjustability in terms of total fuel delivered is greater." http://www.thunderproducts.com..._snowtech_magazine.htm

Old 02-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default THUNDER PRODUCTS

so with that ufo thing, did you notice any power gains?

Old 02-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default THUNDER PRODUCTS

I can't say for sure. I couldn't make the exact shape either.