Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki Ozark Having Trouble getting Fuel??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki Ozark Having Trouble getting Fuel??

Hello,
My 2008 suzuki ozark 250 will not start. It kicks over a few times, but stalls again. It will not idle.. obviously, because i cant even get it started.. haha. I checked the spark plug but it still has good spark and it was not wet at all. I am just trying to gather ideas of what it could be.. possibly dirt in the carb?? thats the best i can come up with because im not really sure what else can cause this problem. There was plenty of fuel in the tank and my airfilter is clean. Any ideas?

Thanks! =)

Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default fuel

did you check your on/off fuel valve. you may have it either in the OFF position, or the RES. position, which is the reserve tank. since the regular tank and reserve tank are seperate, maybe you ran the reserve tank out. that would explain why you would be seeing a full tank of gas and no starting. check and make sure it is on the ON position, pointing all the way down I believe.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

i had a buddy who just bought an ozark and it did the same exact thing. he got mad at it and rolled it off in a briar patch. as i laughed he told me if i could get it started i could have it. i got it started and rode it up to him and asked for the keys. he wasnt thrilled. the problem with his was he got mud in the end of his breather tube on top of gas cap making it vapor lock and so no fuel would run into carb. it was pretty funny. you may wanna start with the simple things.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

i had a buddy who just bought an ozark and it did the same exact thing. he got mad at it and rolled it off in a briar patch. as i laughed he told me if i could get it started i could have it. i got it started and rode it up to him and asked for the keys. he wasnt thrilled. the problem with his was he got mud in the end of his breather tube on top of gas cap making it vapor lock and so no fuel would run into carb. it was pretty funny. you may wanna start with the simple things.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

I checked for the fuel position and the fuel is turned on. Next I will check that breather tube. By the way, that was a great story.. LoL. In fact, I'm going to go check that now.. (5 minutes later) Although I ride in LOTS of mud, the tube is perfectly clean. Darn, I was hoping that my problem would've been that simple =(. Any other ideas guys?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

worth a shot

Old 04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Is there some sort of fuel pump on this atv?

Old 04-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

How much fuel do you have in the tank?

Old 04-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Half tank.. possibly a bit under.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

I found out that no fuel is going the the Fuel Petcock. I am going to take it off and give it a good cleaning inside and out, considering a new one is $130.00. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Quick Reply: Suzuki Ozark Having Trouble getting Fuel??