Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

NewWiring Harness?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NewWiring Harness?????

I have a 1988 Suzuki LT-4WD.. perhaps you have seen my other posts re: a no start problem? Anyway.... I am considering replacing the wiring harness on this quad. Has anyone ever done a complete harness install? If so, how hard was it?

Thanks,
Jackie

Old 07-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

i HIGHLY doubt that a complete harness is needed. im guessing some dealer is giving you this bs?

and if you do decide to do it, its gonna be the biggest b!tch you could ever imagine.

very rareley (fires, mice, etc) is a complete harness needed, so just what problems are you expiriencing?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Range Rover
Default H e l p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by lt230sman
, so just what problems are you expiriencing?
I have intermittant spark. One day the quad will run perfectly, and the next day there won't be any spark at all. The dealership in Plattsburgh, NY has installed a rebuilt stator, it has a new coil, plug, neutral switch, and the CDI has been swapped with a new one for testing purposes, and mine was fine. They have charged me over $500 in labor, and the darn bike still has days that it will not start. They told me the next step would be a new wire harness. They are insisting it is a short somewhere... but they also said the connectors were full of corrosion, and there isn't a green wire anywhere on this machine. My connectors all have dielectric grease in them so there won't be corrosion!

They have lied to me 3 times now and I just don't trust them to continue working on my ATV. I am out of money, confidence in my dealership, and out of patience. I need this machine fixed.

Day before yesterday the ATV started right up and ran fine all day. I really put it through the ropes and it started back up every time. The next morning it started but stalled when I shut off the choke too soon. I tried to restart it and there wasn't any spark. How does this happen in 15 seconds or less???? I wasn't even sitting on the quad.. I was standing beside it. UGH! Today it hasn't started all day. I'm at a loss!!!

Please, someone help!
Jackie

Old 07-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

well, first of all, DUMP THAT DEALER!

1 lie is no good, but 3?! its time to find a new shop!

try an independant shop, they tend to give less bs that dealers.

it sounds to me like the issue is harness related (a short), however, since the issue is igniton related, theres really only a few wires to deal with, and theres ABSOLOUTLEY no need for a complete harness replacement, repairs can be made to the few wires involved.

good luck!