Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Glad I could help, MikeR!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2001, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A member of this forum had a post in the Suzuki Forum, recently, asking about a muffler with spark arrester. Wanted to know where to get one to fit a King Quad, a stock muffler preferred but after market would do. Problem was, they all are expensive. I returned a post saying,"too bad you live so far away (Wisconsin) I have a used muffler from my King, which has less than 100 miles on it I no longer have use for." We talked more by Email and decided to use UPS, as a means of transport.
Mike, thanks for the reciept. I didn't expect anything other than what you and I discussed. I hope the muffler gives you a lot of years of use. It looks like this one turned out OK with very little trouble. Yes, I'll be buying gas for the quad and me too!
Chuck

Old 03-05-2001, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer

Chuck, I just put the pipe that I got from you on this weekend. It bolted right up and fit perfectly. I didn't even have to buy a new gasket as the one from the old muffler popped right out for me. The only thing that I did have to do was heat the drain bolts with a torch to get them out. It might be a worthwhile tip to pass on to others to apply neversieze to exhaust drain bolts for easy removal.

Thanks for the help.

MikeR

Old 03-05-2001, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

You're right about the anti-sieze compuond on the bolts. SuperTrapp, the manufacturer of the new pipe I have, sent a tube of the stuff with the pipe. I really like this pipe and muffler. The engine has more bottom and midrange with this setup. I can't wait to tryout the new tires with the alterations I've done to the shifter, instructions provided by Mr. Baatz. Now I just have to lose this winter weight so as not to flatten the tires. :0)
Oh, you're very welcome Mike...
Have a blast.
Chuck

Old 03-05-2001, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

And have you tried the starter mod yet? Again I would just wire a switch across the two wires if I had to do it over again. That way I can turn it off when someone else is riding.

If I have any reason to go under the plastic again , I will. The switch is already in place.

Old 03-05-2001, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Nope! I'm reluctant to do that right now becuse of the grandkids. They like to get up there and start the darn thing when I'm not looking. Right now what I do is just leave the quad in gear when it's sitting in the garage. That way, they have more fun not getting hurt... Good idea though, maybe later.
Chuck