Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2006 z400

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 z400

I'm now the owner of a "new to me" Z400... I have no owner's manual and no idea which model of the z400 I own.. is there a way to tell which specific model I have? The person I got it from didn't give me any information, and I'd like to learn more. I have been poring over all the information I can find online but was hoping someone here with a clue can help with that question. I'd also like to replace some of the decals, they're a bit ragged here and there, can't seem to find oem replacement decals, plenty of aftermarket though.

Thanks!

Old 02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

The ltz 400 series is a great bike, and even better if you have the piggy back shocks on the front. You can get a service manual on ebay, just be sure the seller knows what they have. There are changes in suspension and carbs on different years. For the most part, a lot of items do interchange throughout the year models. Also sold under the Kawasaki kfx400 and Arctic Cat dvx400. Plastic and seat are different on those, but they are both actual Suzuki products that have been rebadged.

You can order decals from your local dealer, but they are gonna be pricey. Check ebay again for those too.

Do you have any pics you can post? Vin number would also tell what year model it is exactly.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

And welcome to the forums.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Welcome! As Scooter said the 400 is a GREAT bike that will serve you for years!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Its for the A-Cat version of your wheeler, but it should be the same!

K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts

Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default thanks

THanks guys, i'm very glad to be here.

I don't have a working camera right now, so can't post pics. I checked the vin last night, it has a K4 in the first set of numbers. I assume that means it's a K4? I'm going to bury my head in all the archived threads here so I will learn as much as I can before asking stupid questions. At this point, I need to work on getting it fully restored into perfect condition. I have to tension the chain a bit better, replace some of the decals (aesthetics but important to me), replace the front headlight assy (It was missing, but the mounting hardware and cable is there), and replace the rear lights (also missing) I need to be able to ride at night out here.... It's been so snowed in and muddy as well, I haven't been able to ride it much (i.e. not even 1 mile) (I live around 8k feet in elev. so we're not the desert by any means)

ETA I ordered the headlight assy, 2 bulbs yesterday...

Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Don't worry about the questions you ask. Chances are, we've all been there before.

You can put the whole vin in here and get the year model and see if it's what they told you it was.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Cool link... (vin)

I'm a late comer to the game at age 51 but I'll catch up quickly. I gave away all my metric tools years ago when I stopped riding dirtbikes, oh how lame that was... sigh. I got this machine and a 76 chevy 4x4 as a trade for my motorhome, so glad to get rid of that fleetwood flair 27' (I was living in it until we could finish building the cabin) it was an albatross.... but no one has a lot of money nowdays.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

congrats on your purchase they are great quads my son rides a '04
I am not new to riding but like you am also 51yrs young and ride a '87 quadzilla welcome to the forums

Old 02-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Finally had a chance to take some pictures yesterday morning.

It's way more muddier as of yesterday afternoon though...

I don't own a pressure washer but now realize why I should.

Too many things to buy... ugh, the list never gets shorter, especially since shtf
is just around the corner...

The truck is also something part of the trade, I promptly threw a truck tank
onto the back...

Quick Reply: 2006 z400