Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

91 suzuki 250 quadrunner neurtral light

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neutral light

Well if you can hear the gears drop into neutral and the bike rolls it sounds like it is out of gear...One of two things left, a light bulb is burned out or the sending unit is FUBAR..Try the light bulb first then go on to the sending unit. If none of the above fixes the issue.. if it were me I would be talking to a bike shop to see if there is something internal that if it's not fixed it will do major damage to the internal parts of the engine...

Don't know what else to tell you other than it is a very bad idea to start cutting wires and modifying the bikes electrical system unless you really know exactly what you are doing.

BTW: Never stated that anyone was actually stupid.. I don't know how far you "rock" your bike and I could really care less how far you "Rock" your bike.. but we all know that every rider eventually will do something without thinking "a case of being stupid" that gets themselves or someone else hurt.. that's all

Bottom line its your bike you have the freedom to do with it what you wish...Good luck with your repairs...

Last edited by Sand Hog; 03-24-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default got it!

Took the connector with the two blue wires apart (one wire is blue with a red stripe). Then I took a piece of wire and placed the stripped end into one of the female recepticles. Then I stripped the other end of my temporary ground wire and touched it to a frame bolt. The reverse light came on the first time so I changed the wire to the other female recepticle and then grounded it to the frame and sure enough the neutral light came on. Soooo... It is actually very simple to bypass the neutral switch... After I figured out witch wire it was I just took a splicing clamp that "T's" a wire and added a wire onto it then grounded it to the frame. The light only comes on when the key is on and it starts fine... Most people don't rev the engine before their bike cranks... (For wheelies sake) so it really isn't a big deal. Always remember to drop to neutral before u turn the engine off and check it again before u ride.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

ok, so the neutral light has been working pretty good this past week all of a sudden. not sure why. but I did wire in an additional starter switch that is always hot. It's out of the way of the regular one so it is not my primary starting method. I like it so far. Got stuck or almost stuck a few times and the engine has died. It's been nice not having to go all the way back to neutral to start the bike. As always be carefull with this mod. It's real easy to accidently start in gear. the way I did it was to pull the neutral relay, there is a wire in the connector that is hot when the key turns on. jump from that to the one either directly above or below it and the starter should engage and start the bike. MAKE SURE THE BIKE IS IN NEUTRAL WHEN YOU DO THIS!!! now go behine the connector and splice in some wires to these two and wire them into a push on switch and put the switch where you desire. You now have a backup starter switch when your to lazy to find neutral in a mud hole. like i said, be careful if you have this modification. definatly dont want to hurt anoyone or anyone elses quad or vehicle!!!

As for for fixing the actual problem with the relays or whatever I haven't got around to it yet. hopefully I will soon and I'll post up what happens. Thanks everybody for the responses. This has been really helpfull.