Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT230S for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up LT230S for sale

Local lad has a 1986 he beleaves ..I checked the frame and it's stamped LT230S Has a clutch and the depressing handles on it yet,But for some reason the timing chain he beleaves snapped in it and it just sits parked now.It has new front and rear tires and Plastics are all New looking yet and WHITE? The Engine isn't taken apart,He and his dad rebuilt it two years ago and added a Big bore kit in it and he wanted to race it,Drove it a few months and then the chain broke they think and it just sets. He wants $600 for it. But I am not sure if it's what I need Or want... And thought I would pass on the info here. It's Located in Howard N.Y.

He also Has a lt250 that Looks just like the lt230s as both are kick starts and have a hand clutch. I test drove the lt250 today,other then the chain being loose and that the swing arms seem Far to short on these lt230 and lt250 machines with the Clutch set up,they seem squirrely for my likes. he is askin' 1,000 for the lt250 ....

Right now I had invested the day in my LT230E in the shed as it was smoking alot also I want to fix some O Ring leakage.... I found out today that I will be Ordering a Piston,Rings and gettin' the cylinder bored slightly bigger. As the Intake side of the Piston is Pitted and chipped up... WHAT would cause such to a Piston...rest of the Piston looks fantastic all the way around.also the Rings had a Bit more gap then they should have with the gauge on um. also I broke the second ring down while removing.

But I plan to fix the leaks and the smoking and sell it ..As it to Has the short stubby Swing arm set up.And I don't want to get into chop and add 2"-3" of square stock to make the Swing arm longer and add new Longer chain. As It would need to run true or chains and sprockets would suffer.

If ya's want info on the lt230S or the lt250

Take Care :
Scottie_The_Boy