Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt 80

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man sorry bout that I know that was too long of a speech... Forget all I said I gotta shut up lmao. tomoro imma get the entire front clutch and check my rear clutch and if i have to ill buy a new one,then everything should be cherry! I got my petcock today so imma start it up tomoro and when I fix the clutches ill take her out for a spin
Just one question is it ok to start up the bike without the clutch ( just to make sure she still runs)?

Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I was just kidding dude. We're good.
No..You cannot start w/o the clutch. The clutch is what holds the starter gear in.
I'll be back today to answer questions.

I did look at the fiche, I see no #15 I think you mean #13. It is a spring washer and you need it.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Talking

maybe you looked at a different one
heres the link and it is #15
i got #14 but not #15, #13 is a nut in this case
Ohio Motorcycle ATV Dealer - North Ridge Yamaha Suzuki - Geneva, OH - Scooter Utility-vehicle, snowmobile
it didnt have the washer,
no wonder why there was a groove in the outer fixed sheave-because i din't have the washer

is it ok to put new rollers and dampers in used movable clutch? will it last for a while?
also i wonder why the bike is leaking oil underneath the center of engine?
is there any way i can take off rear clutch without an impact wrench?(brake does not hold it).

Old 07-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

There is a groove in the outer face because the grease got hard and limited the rollers from alowing the variator to move. Thus the eventual meltdown.
The spring washer is like a locking washer.(#13)
You may not have the big washer (#14) if you have a old machine or someone put the old style spacer in it which would eliminate that washer.
Looks like you'll be buying/borrowing a impact for the rear clutch eh..
If your variator roller tracts are grooved (and I'd bet it is), you will ruin your new rollers.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks Jack yea i got brand new; variator, outer and inner fixed plates, so i dont have to worry bout the front clutch anymore,
only problem is with the new front clutch i got the big fat washer and now wen i set the outer fixed plate, theres no thread left for the nut holding the entire clutch, but without the fat washer between outer plate and variator, it fits
also i gotta check rear clutch,the oil leak, and petcock( still seems to be flooding) unless it's the carb?

Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Talking

hey Jack i wanted to update you on this; after i put the new clutch in, i couldnt get the atv started..so i took tha carb out and the float bowl and found that the floats were stuck on the rubber piece that goes over the main jets, so it wasnt letting the gas in. it runs cherry now, starts right up and has plenty power and speed.
anyways the bike goes like 40 mph with the new clutch! it's awesome
one more question for you and that will answer ALL my questions.
with the new clutch came a big washer that goes between outer fixed face and varaiator, anyway when i put everything on, there no thread left to screw on the outside nut, so i took out the big washer and i'm running it without it.
Is that ok to run it without the washer since it doesnt fit anyway?

Old 07-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

I'll presume you have the old style spacer which does not use that washer.
Your all good.
I throw that rubber thing that goes around the jets away.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Talking

well i did have the old style spacer but i bought a new front clutch with a new spacer which was shorter than the old one , also it's flush with the inside of the variator and th old spacer was sticking out a few mms. so what do you think? should i not be worried about it?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

hmm...
If you have the short spacer it needs the washer.
I'd use the old long spacer.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Talking

ok Jack i'll try that if the spacer fits. I'm really happy i finally got it going (with your help of course). Thanks a lot Jack i appreciate all you help! God bless!