Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

86 lt250ef

Old 02-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the carb i found the mikuni vm26 will fit,, pilot jet is the same 22.5,,,just the main jet comes with a 190 n originaly it had a 100,,, so im ordering this on ebay next week,,, will keep u all posted how it turns out

Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

honestly, don't know if the bearings are worth using. I haven't torn down the carrier/back axle assembly beyond removing it from the frame. this came out of a junkyard, so no telling the condition. just started up a new biz and have been rolling 7 days and gryign to get my buggy built in time for the upcoming season. if i get the chance i'll tear into it, but i've always found with stuff like bearings, just buying new is the best way to go . have you checked VXB.com?

i have some parts like rear grab/light bar, airbox, brake levers and maybe some support brackets for the plastics that are usable. wha'ts not bent/crushed on the frame itself is getting chopped into ever-smaller bits and being used to hang the engine --along with a wrecked trailboss 250 frame of the same vintage.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

true on the bearings,,,best to buy new,,,, i did order my carb last week,went with a vm26, just waiting for the freaking thing to come in lol

grab bars n stuff im ok,,,thanks for the offer though.

my biggest problem after i get the carb, is to figure out the electrical so i can get all this **** to work,,, previous owner had a fire from the carb, so it runs with the on/off switch. i found a place for cheap wire harness, now to see if everything else will be in working condition? hmmm i see it has a regulator, fuses, all sorts of crap not really needed,,,,if it will all work. not even sure i wana get into it this sping. i just need the bike running to haul firewood asap. then i will invest more in it,,well worth it,,, has good compression and the body is really good.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok got my carb yesterday,,,mikuni vm26,,, runs like a charm,,started on the second pull,,, only thing is if i pass 50% throttle,,its start to bog down,,,the main jet is a 190... factory call for a 100... so i will have to change that and the main jet needle also... all in all its a pretty good replacement carb,,,not dissapointed at all,,,,,also i installed a universal snowplow on it,,and for a 2x4 bike, it plows pretty dam well.,.... has plenty of tork