Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Looking for help!!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help!!

I have a Vinson 500 that was running fine, had a little bit of chatter when using rear brakes. Got stuck in the mud, and now it has chatter constantly. I need to know what I should look into or do....? Any advice is helpful.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:17 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tha-hood
I have a Vinson 500 that was running fine, had a little bit of chatter when using rear brakes. Got stuck in the mud, and now it has chatter constantly. I need to know what I should look into or do....? Any advice is helpful.
so- maybe I'm not understanding correctly but... your atv is running fine, you had a little chatter from the rear brakes... you got stuck in the mud... and now you have a lot of chatter in the rear brakes?

If I'm understanding this correctly (and I may not be), it is in my professional opinion that you start your brake chatter diagnostic at the ...... drum-role please..................................... rear brakes.

either that, or the handlebar grip bearings might be worn out.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The chatter is no longer coming from the rear brakes. It's coming from inside the clutch housing/case. I assume, anyways. I looked at it today and found that my front u-joint is broken, and I'm ordering parts. But, the chatter inside the clutch casing still worries me. Seems like it's gotten worse.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Better inspect further.