Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Dealership Issues help

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Issues help

So I purchased a 2011 kingquad 750axi from a dealership, the dealership sold it to me as new even though is had some scratches and some other minor stuff. Once i purchased the atv I brought it home to only find out that it have 50 hrs on the bike and about 40miles, now since the shop sold this bike to me as new and so does the paperwork say what can I do. The only reason I am asking is because i have had the atv for about 3 or 4 weeks now and it has a hard time starting and it has been in the shop for multiple issues is there any thing legal I can do, also one of the employes told me the atv was prolly used as a loaner.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostMP
So I purchased a 2011 kingquad 750axi from a dealership, the dealership sold it to me as new even though is had some scratches and some other minor stuff. Once i purchased the atv I brought it home to only find out that it have 50 hrs on the bike and about 40miles, now since the shop sold this bike to me as new and so does the paperwork say what can I do. The only reason I am asking is because i have had the atv for about 3 or 4 weeks now and it has a hard time starting and it has been in the shop for multiple issues is there any thing legal I can do, also one of the employes told me the atv was prolly used as a loaner.
if you found it within a few days i'd say go raise some hell- but since you're just figuring out now (for some reason ) that the atv you bought new 4 weeks ago has mileage on it- I'd say just forget it and go enjoy your new "used" atv... because there's no way you're gonna convince anyone at that dealer that after 4 weeks of ownership you're just now realizing your atv was delivered "used". but who knows- it's worth a phone call... they may be an honest dealer and fess up to the error and give you an extended warranty for your troubles.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
if you found it within a few days i'd say go raise some hell- but since you're just figuring out now (for some reason ) that the atv you bought new 4 weeks ago has mileage on it- I'd say just forget it and go enjoy your new "used" atv... because there's no way you're gonna convince anyone at that dealer that after 4 weeks of ownership you're just now realizing your atv was delivered "used". but who knows- it's worth a phone call... they may be an honest dealer and fess up to the error and give you an extended warranty for your troubles.
and to add to my above statement- you mentioned it has been in the shop multiple times - so it's highly probable that the shop techs put some mileage on it testing it out.
and I'm sure you put on a few of those 40 miles just trying it out at your house.