Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King quad problems.. Anyone ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King quad problems.. Anyone ?

I have 2 really annoying problems with my king quad 300 4x4

1st .. It wobbles side to side its kinda hard to explain when I push it slowly it wobbles and when driving low speeds on pavement it really Wobbles I've checked a arms and axles for bends I've put all the right tire pressure in I cannot figure it out I've been dealing with this for months and if it helps at all with the diagnoses it pulls to the right a lil bit I have to turn the wheels to the left just a very tiny bit to drive straight the wobble I don't really notice on dirt

2nd.. Is a electrical issue ATVs battery is fully charged starter works fine but when I press elec start button nothing happens until I put a booster pack on then elec start works perfect ? Also if I touch a screw Driver to the silinoid it starts instantly does that indicate a bad silinoid ? I read somewhere that your not supposed to be able to start a ATV that way

Those are my major issues my minor issues are

Seized lug nuts on the left tire
Pull start works but binds up like its catching a gear and tripples in hardness to pull even with decompression lever on

If anybody at all could plz help I'd be truly greatfull I'm at a total loss and can't find any help and mechanics around here just make you throw parts at it until it works

Old 04-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

As far as the wobbling, grab each tire at the top and see if you can move it in and out. If it's loose, I'd suspect wheel bearings. If you replace wheel bearings, try not to use Chinese ones. Japanese or maybe Timken made in USA ones. Use a press to remove and reinstall, not a hammer. I run Koyo's in my Arctic Cats. First check battery voltage. Here is a chart. More is better when it comes to ATV's. Siezed lug nuts have to get fixed, new studs, new lug nuts, or you'll be left in a bind when a tire goes bad.

Attached Thumbnails King quad problems.. Anyone ?-8737ba37309deb4054ab43c5d2a16f77.png.jpeg  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by hydrex
As far as the wobbling, grab each tire at the top and see if you can move it in and out. If it's loose, I'd suspect wheel bearings. If you replace wheel bearings, try not to use Chinese ones. Japanese or maybe Timken made in USA ones. Use a press to remove and reinstall, not a hammer. I run Koyo's in my Arctic Cats. First check battery voltage. Here is a chart. More is better when it comes to ATV's. Siezed lug nuts have to get fixed, new studs, new lug nuts, or you'll be left in a bind when a tire goes bad.
So to check bearings I have to jack ATV up and push the tire in and pull out if it moves replace the bearings ?

ATV battery is fully charged according to your chart when I push start button theres no clicking or anything but if I jump silinoid with a screw driver it starts right away or I can hook booster pack up to battery and start it that way ...

And as for lug nuts can you explain that process to me I've never replaced studs before how do I even get the tire off ? Do I take the big center but off and hammer the HUD off the axle ?

Sorry for 3 Qs at once but these problems have really had me banging my head lately especially the wobble/jerking I've checked it up and down for bent parts ty for replying

Old 04-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Use an impact gun on the lug nuts after soaking them over night in penetrating oil, if the snap off then so what you need to replace the studs anyway. As far as wobble follow the instructions given in previous posts and also check to see if you have a bent rim or really way off alignment!! As far as the electrical issues, you need a multimeter to check things out and also do a battery load test. A battery can show good voltage but when a load is put on it it dies. Also check and clean (polish)all electrical connections and check for good ground. All these things are basic and need to be covered before any more in depth information can be given.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Use an impact gun on the lug nuts after soaking them over night in penetrating oil, if the snap off then so what you need to replace the studs anyway. As far as wobble follow the instructions given in previous posts and also check to see if you have a bent rim or really way off alignment!! As far as the electrical issues, you need a multimeter to check things out and also do a battery load test. A battery can show good voltage but when a load is put on it it dies. Also check and clean (polish)all electrical connections and check for good ground. All these things are basic and need to be covered before any more in depth information can be given.
OK thanks will do all that and post back when done also I have a multimeter ... And could you let me know if you can jump start a ATV with a screw driver touching the silinoid posts does that mean the silinoid is bad ? A new symptom popped up today sometimes even with the key off the ATV starter spinns on its own until I disconnect the battery and when I reconnect the battery it doesn't do it again for a bit :S

Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

Cleaned everything any ideas on symptoms above ?

Old 04-20-2017, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Possibly a bad solenoid, also a bad ignition switch or a possible short in the wiring. Trace all wires, there are tests for ignition switch and solenoid but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Possibly a bad solenoid, also a bad ignition switch or a possible short in the wiring. Trace all wires, there are tests for ignition switch and solenoid but can't think of them off the top of my head.
Any certain specific spots on the harness or just look through the whole thing ?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer

To me honestly I feel like it may not be wiring just cuz I've pulled and tugged on wires all over the place the only time the starter spins uncontrollable and I have to unhook battery is when I pish elec start button sometimes this doesn't happen everytime

Old 04-23-2017, 03:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

The starter running is a faulty solenoid if it continues to run with ignition turned off. However a faulty battery can make the solenoid do this, so check the battery voltage is over 12v with nothing switched on. If turning ignition off stops the starter, you have a faulty starter button.