Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadmaster 50 suddenly fuel drain.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadmaster 50 suddenly fuel drain.

I just went out to pull off plastics to clean my daughters Christmas gift from Santa and the thing drained every ounce of fuel in it into my shop overnight! I haven't done anything to it except remove throttle limiter last night and fired it up to test. I got the rpm I was desiring and shut it down for the night. I do have a brand new carb for the unit and am thinking maybe I should install after this fiasco. Thoughts??? Thanks.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like your float stuck.
Either clean your carb or replaced it and be done.
I would also change the oil before you fire it up again. When a carb drains the fuel like that some gas will inevitably end up in the crankcase and dilute your motor oil.
If you try to run it it can toast your engine.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

jmullers advice would be bang on for most bikes, but I have the Quadmaster down as the LTA50 which is a two stroke. So, it may have filled the crankcase with fuel, but no oil in there to change. Suzukis have two ways to stop fuel from running out, the float needle, which is downright weird (and expensive) on a LTA50, and the fuel tap, which automatically closes when the engine stops, being worked by a vacuum pipe from the inlet manifold. There is a PRIME position on this tap, for use when starting after the tank has been empty, this allows fuel to flow without a vacuum, so never leave a Suzuki on prime, except for that first start after being empty. The LTA50 float needle is brass and prone to the odd leak, so my advice would be leave it, unless it starts to dribble when running, but make sure that tap doesn't leak on RUN with engine stopped.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I like to install a on/off valve close to the carb.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I would install a manual fuel shutoff immediately, way to dangerous to have leaking gasoline anywhere.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by merryman
jmullers advice would be bang on for most bikes, but I have the Quadmaster down as the LTA50 which is a two stroke. So, it may have filled the crankcase with fuel, but no oil in there to change. Suzukis have two ways to stop fuel from running out, the float needle, which is downright weird (and expensive) on a LTA50, and the fuel tap, which automatically closes when the engine stops, being worked by a vacuum pipe from the inlet manifold. There is a PRIME position on this tap, for use when starting after the tank has been empty, this allows fuel to flow without a vacuum, so never leave a Suzuki on prime, except for that first start after being empty. The LTA50 float needle is brass and prone to the odd leak, so my advice would be leave it, unless it starts to dribble when running, but make sure that tap doesn't leak on RUN with engine stopped.
SMH
I didn’t think 2 stroke. Good catch