Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2003 LT80 rear clutch springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 LT80 rear clutch springs

I have a 2003 lt80. Im looking to get a secondary clutch kit to replace the oem one. Mainly springs as the ones that are in it are shot. Where can i find the springs or a kit that has springs included. Need to find asap as im wanting to finish it before xmas for my son. Thanks for any help

Old 12-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forums.
Did I talk to you last night?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Its these springs im looking for. There are 3 of them. I cant seem to find them anywhere on the internet....

Old 12-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LT80
Welcome to the forums.
Did I talk to you last night?
i just joined last night so i dont believe it was me you talked to...but any help is appreciated

Old 12-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

There is no aftermarket springs/kit.
What is making you say that the springs are shot?

Old 12-10-2017, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is no aftermarket springs/kit.
What is making you say that the springs are shot?
ok, so let me start from begining....bought the quad last year. Since i bought it ive done the following:
new top end ( complete, piston, rings, cylinder and all)
new carb
new air filter
new belt
new front clutch assembly
new crank seals
new chain
new front brake cables
new spark plug boot
ive put all this into it and its still doggish off the start. If the rear wheels are in the air it runs great, with great throttle response. As soon as you put a load on the wheels its a dog. My buddy owns a performance shop and so i took it to him to see what he thought. He messed with the throttle cable and throttle cable spring that goes into carb. It helped out a lot but he said something else was causing the issue. He took apart rear clutch and said springs are shot. Something about releasing to early at too low rpm....so thats where I'm at right now.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Ta2tearz
ok, so let me start from begining....bought the quad last year. Since i bought it ive done the following:
new carb
new air filter
new belt
new crank seals
new chain
new front brake cables
new spark plug boot
ive put all this into it and its still doggish off the start. If the rear wheels are in the air it runs great, with great throttle response. As soon as you put a load on the wheels its a dog. My buddy owns a performance shop and so i took it to him to see what he thought. He messed with the throttle cable and throttle cable spring that goes into carb. It helped out a lot but he said something else was causing the issue. He took apart rear clutch and said springs are shot. Something about releasing to early at too low rpm....so thats where I'm at right now.
Its these springs im looking for. There are 3 of them. I can seem to find them anywhere on the internet....

Old 12-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found these but not sure if they are correct....
Originally Posted by Ta2tearz
new carb
new air filter
new belt
new crank seals
new chain
new front brake cables
new spark plug boot

Old 12-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

I doubt the springs are bad cuz I've not seen a bad set yet. Not that it can't happen.
First thing I'd double check is that the rollers are in place. When you pull the clutch off, the rollers will flop but I'd re-assemble the front to make sure. I use a dab of grease to hold each roller in place.
Triple check to make sure the notch in the roller plate is aligned on the key during installation.
The pipe isn't plugged is it?

By now I usually advise to cut the rear shoes down to 180 grams each and/0r remove 2 rollers. It'd be nice to find the problem first tho.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

I doubt the springs are bad cuz I've not seen a bad set yet. Not that it can't happen.
First thing I'd double check is that the rollers are in place. When you pull the clutch off, the rollers will flop but I'd re-assemble the front to make sure. I use a dab of grease to hold each roller in place.
Triple check to make sure the notch in the roller plate is aligned on the key during installation.
The pipe isn't plugged is it?

By now I usually advise to cut the rear shoes down to 180 grams each and/0r remove 2 rollers. It'd be nice to find the problem first tho.
i have a Dr. Pulley set of rollers in the front clutch....they are actually "sliders' and they are not round. They are brand new. Just installed them when i replaced the front clutch

Quick Reply: 2003 LT80 rear clutch springs