Confused need help?????? - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default Confused need help??????

I took the cover off the magneto to adjust my valve clearance. Well there is no T mark or any of the other marks. Its just one line with a o at the bottom of it. Its a 88 lt230s i wanna check the timing but am worried cuz theres no T is this normal or common? My clearance is in spec has decent spark and fuel still wont start any ideas are greatly appreciated!!!
Old 02-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is your fuel petcock, vacuum operated? or is it a simple ON/OFF? If it vacuum operated like my king quad is. Put the valve in PRI position and see if it runs. If it does your fuel petcock is gone bad. If its a simple ON/OFF. Maybe try giving the carb a good going over.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domi1983 View Post
Is your fuel petcock, vacuum operated? or is it a simple ON/OFF? If it vacuum operated like my king quad is. Put the valve in PRI position and see if it runs. If it does your fuel petcock is gone bad. If its a simple ON/OFF. Maybe try giving the carb a good going over.
No pri just on/off/reserve. I just got my carb rebuild kit today in the mail. But i went to take valve cover off and one of the bolts that go thru the rocker arm was busted off inside the jug. I just got this quad guy said all it needs was valves adjusted!!! So far ive found all ki ds of problems!!!! Ordering piston rebuilld kit and gasket kit. Just hope my cam valves and crank are ok Ughhh! I got shafted on this deal! Bright side is the stuff i traded for it i have nothin in em!