Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt250s Project

Old 03-23-2019, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt250s Project

Hello, I'm a new user but I'm familiar with these forums. I have an 89 lt250s that I'm working on and would like to document. If you have any questions or ideas for anything feel free to let me know 👍 I also have some questions I need insight on, see below:

To start off, here are some pics of the quad as of yesterday (Friday, March 22, 2019). Current mods are a jardine exhaust and properly jetted carb. It runs great and I'm just looking to get a little more umph out of it out in the fields and in the trails. I was thinking stage 1 or stage 2 cam from hot cams or webcams (which would be better and why?) I'm not afraid to have to do valve springs and retainers, but I just want it to be able to run on unleaded pump gas and not kill me while kicking it over 😂 (i.e it would be great if I could still use the compression release as I'm not the strongest legged). Any other mods I can do would be great but that's about all I can think of besides clutch plates and maybe an oil cooler (opinions, is it worth it?). Also I can't find the paint code for the blue frame and the white swingarm/a arms and I'd like to touch them up before they rust any more then they are now. Also I won't be riding in mud but probably in snow again.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hello Robert,

I see you have joined the ranks of the 250s owners. I have the same machine, but due to health reasons never rode it very much. I am now getting back in the game and am planning on riding this weekend. I also have a '87 230s. Spent a long time finding the 250.

Earlier tonight I asked a question about the 250's throwing chains like the 230's - any feedback on that?

Due to the health issues I stalled in my quest to complete my 230 - blasted the frame and a bunch of other parts but need to get going again.

Anyway, keep posting pic's - love to watch the progress.

Viking

Old 08-13-2019, 08:37 PM
Methanol injected

Originally Posted by Viking1
Hello Robert,

I see you have joined the ranks of the 250s owners. I have the same machine, but due to health reasons never rode it very much. I am now getting back in the game and am planning on riding this weekend. I also have a '87 230s. Spent a long time finding the 250.

Earlier tonight I asked a question about the 250's throwing chains like the 230's - any feedback on that?

Due to the health issues I stalled in my quest to complete my 230 - blasted the frame and a bunch of other parts but need to get going again.

Anyway, keep posting pic's - love to watch the progress.

Viking
Thanks for liking the pics! Yes the 250s does like to throw chains like the 230, but from my experience as long as I've kept the chain within specs and we'll maintained/oiled, it has been as good as the rest of my machines. Sadly my 250 isn't running right now due to a popped head gasket and bad rings (ouch) but sometime in the coming weeks after i finish my cr250r I'll get it back together and post some videos 👍🏻. Good luck getting back in the 230/250 game, (great game to be in &#128521. Almost forgot but at some point next year I'm hoping on getting a Honda 250x mainly for comparison sakes.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just about finished with mine.. Still have to rebuild carb, do swingarm bearings and brakes.. Otherwise looks and rides great 👍🏻