Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

my quadracer got stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes its true. and it sucks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] read my post in the honda forum for more info. also visit my photo album i just added new action pics of the old LT today.

Old 06-14-2001, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Man, that is terrible to hear. Hope you get it back or at least some insurance money.

Old 06-14-2001, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

I already replied to your post in the Hoda forum, but go to the Yamaha forum and lok at something like "My Raptor got stolen" And read what he did.

Old 06-15-2001, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

well the insurance says they won't pay for it so i'm screwed. my dad won't buy me a new one and i don't have time for a job. i can't ride anymore.. i'm really sad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2001, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that! I think everybody who mentioned putting a wanted ad in the paper is a great idea. I would definetly say something something along the lines of "Wanted, any high performance ATV's, preferably 2 stroke (like somebody mentioned) or any parts. Top Dollar paid." Then maybe spend a couple days at a friends house in a neighboring town and use his phone number.
Things that might help you out:
Do you know that quadracer like the back of your hand? Little things, like things you wouldnt normally see, considered to be a mod or just a problem could help ya out. My 88' 500 has a welded grab bar and some parts of the frame were also welded by me and partially ground down, if my quad were stolen, these little things could make a difference in identifying your quad, since the theives might try and alter it so your or friends wont recognize it off the bat. Anything unique, like that JL swing arm, I've never seen one of those, and how many older gen lt's have those? not many at all! I would tell all dealerships about your quad, the special little things it had that set it apart from the rest, and if they
talk to somebody who comes in looking for a part for their 85' 250, maybe have the dealership worker sweet talk with the guy..."ohhh yeah I use to have one of those, ported piped polished, a great quad...etc...whats yours have? or if it has a problem, see if they can talk the guy into letting them look at it or etc. Also hope you know the ID number on the frame or engine. If worse comes to worse, and you really want another racer, I have a buddy with a 86' racer, frame and misc parts. I could probably get it cheap if you want to build a racer, I dont know if your into this type of thing, but you might have a racer after a while! I also have another friend with a 87' 250, thats mostly original but needs some tlc for around $1400 or so. Ohh yeah, and also, I know a kid selling a '92 250 with a blown top end for about $800, mostly origianl, his dad bought it back in 92'. I can try and hook you up with any of these if your interested. Good luck man

Old 06-17-2001, 02:47 AM
Range Rover

What part of Illinois do you live in, I live in the east-central part of the state near Danville. Is there anything noticable about it that would easily identify it from far away, because if there is, I'll let everyone I know around here know to keep an eye out for it. It suks to here that u got it stolen and I hope u get it back

Old 06-17-2001, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

i live in the north part... kind of close to chicago. there are lots of things about it that you could notice. iit has three welds. on above the top left shock, and 2 under the rear plastic. it also has 3 gold rims and 1 silver that is on the left front side. also there is JB weld on the righ side of the engine from where the counterbalancer broke off and knocked a hole in the case. theres no counterbalancer in it either. the thing you pull to release the seat doesn't have the black part you grab on it. theres just a little cord you pull.