Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Is there a new Suzuki sport quad or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was pretty good I must admit. Those are some stupid *** names there. Why not just use numbers and letters.

Old 07-07-2001, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah they are probably waiting to name it. Maybe it will be "ATV that should have been relased 5 years ago"

Old 07-07-2001, 05:02 PM
Range Rover

It's funny. I was at Groves motorsports in Mason Michigan yesterday, they are a Suzuki dealer. I was looking at the DRZ400 and the salesman came up to me, like they do you know. I told him I wasn't really interested in the bike, but rather the quad that would be using that motor to be released sometime down the road. He looked at me like I was crazy or something. He said "a DRZ motor in a quad?????" I said "ya, what do you know about it? Do you know of a release date or anything?" He said that he had not heard anything about it. Nothing from Suzuki, nothing from the managment of Groves Motorsports. He could have just been an uninformed salesman that didn't know jack, I really don't know. My point is still just where is the solid evidence, because I still don't have any. We may see it in September, we may not see it at all. Plain and simple I guess I'll just believe it when I see it and not until then.

Old 07-07-2001, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

he is either playing dumb or is unimformed. i had printout pictures of a 660r raptor before the owner of my local yammie shop new what it was. i showed it too her and she said "what is that i thought that was pretty funny. i think they r probobly just keeping it a secret so that it will be a big surprise and make a bigger impact. that is my guess, but noones perfect so i may be wrong. well ttyl cya

Old 07-07-2001, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Actually hopefully the new quad would be called Quadzilla but it's not like that would happen

Old 07-08-2001, 06:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I recieved my issue of Dirt Wheels today and sure enough on abouts the third page they said Suzuki was supposed to be releasing a sport quad in September. I can hardly wait! Of course, if you've read Dirt Wheels for any length of time you know they will print things that arn't based on any factual evidence.

This makes me try to remember back to '85 when they initially released the Quadsport and Quadracer. I don't remember any hype or predictions, it was like they just appeared out of nowhere. Maybe Suzuki can keep a really good secret. I don't know? It seems like in this day and age I hear of everything a week or two in advance on the internet and then see it in the magazines. It sure seems like we would have heard something very solid by now.

Old 07-09-2001, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

i work at a Suzuki Dealership and last friday (6/29) Suzi had an owners/dealers convention in Vegas. Only one guy went from our shop. He was told of SEVEN new quads coming out for 2002! The Quadmaster 50, Eiger, Vinson, and was told that they will have the other 4 in a dealers convention again in September. Funny though, we have known about the Vinson for a while from the net, and there was nothing in the August Issue of DW.

Old 07-09-2001, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

So far, there have been 5 new quads announced. One Vinson quad and 4 Eiger quads. Are you sure they are counting the Vinson and Eiger as only 2 quads and not 5? My guess is they are being counted as 5 so there is one more quad to be announced in September or whenever. We'll see.

<< He was told of SEVEN new quads coming out for 2002! The Quadmaster 50, Eiger, Vinson, and was told that they will have the other 4 in a dealers convention again in September. >>

Old 07-09-2001, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

The way I see it is 4 eiger, 1 vinson, 1 50 quadmaster. So we know 6 out of 7. It's hard to believe that they wouldn't release info on the last model. The category that they are totally missing from is sport. My guess is that they'll release something targeted at the 400ex or warrior market.

Old 07-13-2001, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

Thinking back, the 400EX had a rather &quot;stealthy&quot; release. Not much hype before it was available.

Until you see the top-secret &quot;Spy Photos&quot; in Dirt Wheels, you may as well forget about a new sport quad from Suzi, or Kawi, or Arctic Cat, or Honda...

Quick Reply: Is there a new Suzuki sport quad or not?