Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Is there a new Suzuki sport quad or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to know if the rumored DRZ 400 powered sport quad exists or not? I have read the mags and watched this site but there is nothing that I can confirm. If the new quad is coming out in 2002 than Suzuki is keeping a very good secret since the other manufacturers are releasing their 2002 line ups as I speak. I would love to buy a new Suzuki Quadracer/Quadsport, but I don't plan on waiting forever. Hell, right now it has been 9 years since they have had a racer or sport quad on the market. That is a super long time![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2001, 11:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did that thing that happend to honda happen to suzuki
no hi-perf quads for ten years
if it did the new quad will be a 2003

Old 06-30-2001, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Yes there will be a new 400 in September.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2001, 06:16 PM
Range Rover

What "thing" happened to Honda?

Old 06-30-2001, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

arsonist that didn't happen to suzuki. they were making quadracer's up until 1992

Old 07-01-2001, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen several people say it will be out in September. Where can I find this news release? If some little Suzuki dealer birdie told you this, then where is the release they are getting this from? I hope you're right (or wrong and it's sooner) but I like to see proof before saying something is definite.

<< Yes there will be a new 400 in September.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Old 07-01-2001, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

The August issue of DirtWheels said that Suzuki told them that new models will be released later this summer and they will be &quot;Sport or High performance&quot;. Other than that a dealer told me September will be the official release date. I know nothing is 100%(The 650 Prairie was supposed to be released in March), but I think it's safe to say that it is on the way.

Old 07-02-2001, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Guys-
What &quot;happened to Honda&quot; happened to all of the ATV manufacturers.
I don't know the specifics, but at least 2 things were imposed by the US Gov't back in 1988:

1. ATC's would no longer be imported--too tippy/dangerous resulting in too many deaths, especially to under-aged kids.
2. ATV manufacturers were told not to pour $$ into R&amp;D into developing newer, faster quads. Thus, for 10 years (1988-98), to avoid getting &quot;black eyes&quot; with the American market, they either outright stopped selling hi-perf. quads (Honda &amp; Kawi) or kept selling what they had (Yamaha Banshee) without developing ANYTHING new. Suzuki sold their Quad Sports and Racers until '92, when they called it quits too.

So right thru 1998, we saw NOTHING new. Until the 400EX...whether you like Honda or not, they deserve MAJOR kudos for being the first to offer us a new hi-perf. quad. Same goes to Bombardier, Cannondale and Yamaha.

WAKE UP SUZUKI (and Kawi).

Old 07-06-2001, 02:16 PM
Range Rover

My advice to anyone wanting a new sport quad, wait one year.

There are going to be sooo many sport quads on the market in the next year. The new LT400R, or 440, is going to spank a 400EX like a little girl. Cannondale is going to keep their quad in production. Polaris has a Scrambler 650 ready for september. I would bet VOR comes out with one. Husaberg and KTM are probably getting into it soon. High performance motorcycle manufacturers are starting to see the huge market for sport/high-performance ATV's, so keep your eyes and ears open this year!!!

Old 07-07-2001, 08:18 AM
Range Rover

Suzuki is probably thinking of really great names for them. This is the reason that they are so late coming out. Why just look at their new 500cc quad &quot;the Vinson&quot; or the ever popular &quot;Eiger&quot;. How about their street bikes? In the 1980s they came out with a line of cruisers called the &quot;Low Slingers&quot;. Not to mention the ever popular &quot;Madura&quot;.

I'm sure that they'll come out with a name for their sport quads that will be equally attractive. Like the &quot;Slug&quot; or &quot;Snail&quot; or &quot;Molasses in Winter&quot;. Seriously, these guys at Suzuki need to get their name game act together. I swear they must have hired the image people who used to work at Hodaka (remember the &quot;Dirt Quirt&quot; or &quot;Road Toad&quot;?).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Is there a new Suzuki sport quad or not?