Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

carb talk

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2001, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im having my 86 lt250r ported and head milled. what carb should I go with the36,38 or 39? I ride in every type of riding cond. from tracks to trails. also Im looking for a clutch basket for same machine. mine has alot of ruts by the ears.I also have a fmf pipe on it and here alot of talk about there not that great so who makes the best pipe.

Old 07-15-2001, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

Don't know much about the carb situation. When you get a new clutch basket go with the Hinson! Yeah most of the guys say that the fmf pipe and silencer for the Quadracers don't do much powerwise and that they sound sort of funky too, im not sure about the sound thing thats just what i heard from one dude! Other good brands are Trinity Racing, LRD, CT Racing, Graydon Proline, and Paul Turner! I don't know which is the best out of those but i've put some links on here for you to check them out!

http://www.trinityracing.com

You can find the LRD exhaust systems at Nacs Racing ----> http://www.nacsracing.com

http://www.ctracing.com

http://www.graydonproline.com

You can check out the Paul Turner pipes at ---->

http://www.goldenwestcycle.com

Good Luck dude!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2001, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

I would go with the 38PJ carb. It's sweet. My paul Turner is not any more powerfull than my FMF. I went with FMF cause it looks the best and it is a lot better than stock. You cant beat the price, $169 at rocky mountain atv. Free shipping.

Old 07-16-2001, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

Howdy,

I have a 86 bored .050over, high compression flat top piston, mild port and polish, head milled and rechambered, and boysen reeds. I do mostly trails, so, its built lowend. When I replaced my stock Mikuni carb, I called Duncan Racing and told them what I had and where I rode and they set me up with a Kiehin 36mm pj. The new carb really woke up the power. I would talk to a performance company and have them set up your carb.

As far as pipes I have a Trinity torque pipe. It was an inprovement over the Graydonproline I had before. The Graydon did have a few small dents though. With the 85/86s you are a bit limited on what you can get for pipes. DG, FMF, Trinity, CT racing(same as trinity), Gradon proline, and LRD are the only ones I could find. The LRD is a mid/high pipe, all the others you should be able to get in either torque or rev. Paul Turnner doen't make a pipe for the 85/86 racers.

Danno

Old 07-16-2001, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

I have rick ritter do all my work at rcr.( he has been around longer than the rest ) he is getting me a new reed valve . its a race reed valve. he has to machen the jug to make it fit. much bigger. Im going to swap the 38 tmx off my scrambler and put it on the QR and put the 34 flatslide on the scrambler.

Old 07-17-2001, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Wow bdscram1, sounds like that QR will scream when you get that 38tmx, with the race reed valve and your pipe set-up, which ever one you are deciding on getting!

DannoLT250R, are CT and Trinity pipes exactly the same, i've never heard this before, why are they this way, just curious?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2001, 10:05 PM
Range Rover

Howdy,

From what I understand they use the same people to manufacturer their pipes. I had my pipe ceramic coated, kinda like a satin crome finish. They said that it would outlast a show crome finish. I've had it for about 5 or 6 mons. now, and the finish is easy to care for just wipe it clean and it shines.

The pipe and silencer package comes with the short cnter pipe as well. Mine with the ceramic finish and shipping was about $300.00

Danno

Old 07-19-2001, 10:51 PM
Range Rover

Danno said it best. Call a performance shop (Duncan knows what they are doing but have been rude to me in the past...typical!), and tell them what you are looking for. They will provide you with the proper prejetted carb for your application and setup. No matter what carb you chose, you can find it 20-40 dollars cheaper than what a good performance shop will charge you. You are paying for their expertise, not just the carburetor. However, it is WELL worth the extra cash. The power output and piece of mind of a properly jetted carb designed for your needs will make your quad riding experience that much more enjoyable. Do yourself a favor and heed my advise.

Old 07-19-2001, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

I WOULD GO WITH THE 38 MM CARB. I HAVE THE DUNCAN RACING 35 MM SMOOTH BORED TO A 37MM, AND I LIKE IT ALOT. ALSO I THINK THE BEST PIPE IS A FTZ HAND ROLLED CONE PIPE, FACT: HAND ROLLED PIPES PRODUCE MORE POWER, AND FLOW BETTER. I HAD A FMF AND IT NEVER PULLED LIKE MY FTZ DOES.

Old 07-19-2001, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

do they make pipes to order? remember 86lt250r

Quick Reply: carb talk