Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Couple questions for ya

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2001, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to get a quad (presently have a Mojave) and the suki's seem to be in my price range. The first question I have is about suspension, I've read that the LT500 is wider than the 250. Is it also longer than the 250? Does the 500 handle better than the 250? I couldnt care less about the power between the two, I just want the one that handles better really, I know both will have plenty of power. I really like the idea of having a wider stance which the 500 has, I'm wondering if you dont notice it much due to its greater weight though.

Does one have better shocks than the other or are they both Showa? Any info you could give me would be great. Like I said, power isnt a big issue to me, handling is.

Old 08-26-2001, 12:05 PM
Range Rover

The LT250R handles better than the 500, I have a 92 with +2 A-Arms, works shocks, and I had the rear shock rebuilt and revalved, I think it handles great, most of my buddies have built 400EX's and I stay with all of them except a couple, who are better riders. The only area I think the 400EX is clearly better is in the WOOPS, everywhere else I am with or ahead, plus I love that 2 stroke feel, and the smell of CASTOR in the morning.

Old 08-26-2001, 08:54 PM
Range Rover

dude i think he's probably talking stock for stock. not 2+ a-arms and stuff. anyone can make any quad feel good with the right amount of money.

Mad, i would go with a few rules. Go for value and price. Why not try both? just find yourself a bargain then keep it in good condition, sell it and try the other one. So far ive owned an 88 lt250, a 98 banshee (POS!) and an 87 lt500 (awesome! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]). I still love the lt250, and ill probably buy another one IF i sell the lt500. If you know of anyone with an lt ask to have a quick test ride. Either way your gona love the ride on the suzuki's. my dad's 92 handles really sweet, but like you said, the 500 has a much wider stance and i love the extra weight as well. my 500 just wants to slide all day long. Now compare this with riding a banshee, which wants to tip anytime you hit a rut, ill take the 500 anyday!!!

Also both have mint standard suspension (unless your hitting 40+ foot doubles!) So just go with the best deal. the best deal means you keep most of your money when you sell it. Ive made money on my last two bikes.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hope that helps dude [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2001, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Thats what I was looking for Aussiezilla, stock for stock. I guess snapping up the best deal is the way to go really, I'm sure I wont be dissapointed with either one. I dont think I'm really ready for the power of the 500 (funny saying this as I cant get enough in my Mustang), I'm still pretty much a beginner rider but I'm exceeded what my Mojave can give me. I've really tasked that poor quad, I jump higher than the suspension can handle (which isnt much), well, assuming I'm jumping properly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] At about 4-5' of air I start to bottom. I would like more power than what it has, its fast "enough" but I defineately want some more grunt.