Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT500?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How often do you need to rebuild the LT500?
How much does it cost every rebuild?
Is it worth it?
How is the LT500 on trail rides?
How is it on MX courses?
How well does it wheelie?
How well does it climb hills?
How good is it as an all around Quad?
Thanks.

Old 08-29-2001, 01:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude i think i answered some of these questions in another topic. anyways here goes...

Rebuilding - totally depends on where you ride, how you ride and how often. These bikes are a bit more fragile than the newer ones (derr) but can be made very reliable.

Rebuild - no more than any other 2 stroke. All parts a readily available (from what i hear)

Is it worth it? - Ride it and see. I know you will have the same answer we all did when we first rode one... "and how much did you want for it???" you'll love it.

Trail rides - alota people dont like it cause they say its big and heavy. well mine turns on a dime and rockets past any other bike so i love it.

MX course - not sure yet start racing next year. im sure someone else will have an opinion on that one. have been told that the standard showa units on it are quality shocks so it should be good.

Wheelie - Sh&t loads of torque....you do the maths.....

Hill climbs - See Wheelie....last i heard you need torque to do this as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

All round quad - Wont answer that one. Just read the other posts about people talkin about their zilla's. not too many bikes have the love and the following that the zilla gets.

These kinda questions are a little hard as it all depends on a number of factors....mainly you and what you like (riding areas, maintenance etc) I say just give it a try and you'll either love it like we do or you wont.....