Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Uh-oh

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sitting here with my Quadzilla motor spread out on the kitchen table. I've noticed that my kick-starter won't work and the water pump drive gear is on wrongside out. I just got it back from the "mechanic" in this condition. He just put new seals and crank bearings in it. I can fix those little minor mistakes on the outside but I find myself worrying that he has fouled things up inside the case. Things like the tranny. What do you think? If I can work through the gears with it sitting here do you think that it is safe enough to ride?

Old 08-29-2001, 01:27 AM
Range Rover

Dude i dont envy you one bit. My gut feeling is maybe not! at the very least speak to him about it. did you get any garantee? my shop gives a three month garantee on most repairs. i would say do a bit more investigating or get someone else (who is competent!) to take a look at it. a missed washer in the tranny can lead to a mashed engine...

Old 08-29-2001, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thats terrible news! I dont think he can be trusted at all and I would definately open it up yourself or have someone else take a look at it. I'm sure there is some gaurantee on the label at least.

I never let anybody work on my stuff now, I've had so many bad deals that I dont trust a one of them. I've put 5 trannies in my Mustang in 3 years now. Only one was my fault (and the original one had 175,000 miles on it) the other 2 were sh!tty rebuilds! Best of luck to you and hopefully everything goes well, Aaron.

Old 08-29-2001, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

There is only one guarantee. I'm guaranteed to kick his @ss when I find him! The whole thing has been sabotaged. This is a long and complicated story but here are the main points:

I needed new crank seals and bearings and kinda knew this guy who was the mechanic at the local Kawi dealership. (He being a dealer mech. I thought he had gone to school somewhere but this was not true) He said it would be a piece of cake but he'd need a little time to get other wheelers out of his way before he could do it.

This little bit of time ran into almost a year. I would speak with him at the dealer and he'd tell me he was fixing to get on it. Then one day he didn't work there anymore and it became really difficult to find him. After several failed attempts to reach him I went down to the courthouse and had the sheriff find him.

He was served papers and decided he better talk to me. He told me he thought this was all very funny and that he had my motor ready. I told him I didn't think this was funny and if I didn't get my motor back it would get funnier.

We agreed to meet at the courthouse, he with my motor and me with my money, and I would have the charges dropped. He arrived at the appointed time, showed me my motor and I paid him. He told me he was sorry things had come to this and I thought him sincere. He then told me he had done a little extra in my motor and I would really like it.

He was right. He did some extra....damage. The new seals were torn, the shifter cam wasn't operating, some gears were in there wrongside out. Parets were missing to the kickstart. He left a couple of nuts loose inside the cases that would have eventually fell into the inner workings and done MAJOR damage to the motor and most probably me.

If I had known that he had done this.................

Well I split the thing myself, good news is all the parts are still there. I'll use my handy-dandy book to put it back together when the new seals arrive. Lucky I had that thing or I might not have realized that he had screwed things up.

Old 08-30-2001, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Next time you see him I'd tell him the bike runs wicked awesome and seems ultra-reliable, never knew it could perform so well. That oughta pi$$ him off to think his plans were foiled and he actually did the opposite of what he thought.....then I'd deliver the guaranteed ars whoopin'....