Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New Zilla Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 08:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey People! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Well its time to order new plastics and a few other parts. Ive 'settled' on white maier fenders and a black hood. (Not much choice there!) Also Im after a swing arm skid plate. Somthing like the AC or DG ones. Problem is i need to order online or over the phone and the stuff needs to be sent to Perth Australia.

Can you guys recommend a reputable dealer, preferably on the west coast, with low prices, and quick shipping, who ships overseas? Ive been checkin out my dirtwheels and the best price for the plastics was at Golden West cycle. Now, are these real prices, or do i need to take into account taxes etc etc?

Once these parts get here I'll be ordering a new pipe and silencer a few weeks later (money!) I still cant decide between LRD or Paul Turner! The thing thats swinging me towards the LRD is the silencer. The Paul Turner silencer doesnt look so good. Is it possible to use the paul turner pipe and say....an fmf silencer? Is there much modifications to get it to work? Which one would give me more mid to top end pull? As any zilla rider would know, the 500 all ready has heaps of low down power. Thanks for your advice people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Happy riding!

Old 09-19-2001, 09:47 PM
Range Rover

HEY AUSSIE,
I WOULD NOT THINK THAT SALES TAX WOULD APPLY TO YOU, MOST OF THE TIME I GET PARTS BY MAIL I NEVER HAVE TO PAY TAX AND I LIVE IN THE STATES. WHY WEST COAST? SHIPPING IS SHIPPING, I CAN GET A FULL SET OF FACTORY PLASTIC FOR AROUND 400-450 BUCKS AND BELIEVE ME THEY ARE MUCH BETTER THAN THE MAIER. I USE A PURPLE MAIER HOOD BECAUSE MY BIKE IS ALL FACT YELLOW BUT ALL THE BLUE WAS CHANGED TO PURPLE. IT FITS OK, BUT THE FENDERS FROM MAIER ARE QUITE A TASK, YOU HAVE TO DRILL ALL YOUR OWN HOLES AND THEY ARE HARD TO LINE UP. AS FOR A PIPE I LIKE THE PAUL TURNER, HOWEVER I HAVE NEVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE WITH THE LRD SO I REALLY CAN'T GIVE YOU A CAMPARISION OF THE TWO. AS FOR PLACES TO BUY I WOULD TRY YSA (FOUND IN DIRT WHEELS) OR THE PARTS DEPOT 1-888-780-8544 ASK FOR SHAWN (AFTER TUESDAY HE HAD KNEE SURGERY THIS WEEK) AND TELL HIM PENNZILLA (RON) TOLD YOU TO CALL AND MAKE SURE YOU HAGGLE YOU SHOULD GET 15-25% OFF DEPENDING ON ORDER SIZE, I GET 80% OF MY STUFF THERE, INFACT I SHIP STUFF TO MY FRIENDS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY FROM HERE. BUT I KNOW SHAWN AND MY GIRL WORKS FOR FEDEX SO I GOT AN IN ON THE DEAL. IF I CAN HELP YOU OUT LET ME KNOW, MAYBE SOME DAY WHEN I GET TO AUSSIE LAND YOU CAN HOOK ME UP WITH A COLD FOSTERS--HAHAHA.

Old 09-19-2001, 10:48 PM
Range Rover

Pennzilla, you could just be wat i need dude. It would be so much easier if i had someone over there who could help me with getting parts! As you can see from my signature, that we have four bikes in our shed. We also have a new one coming, a mate of mine has recently sold his RM125 (after alota convincing!) and is currently looking for a nice quad. so we will soon have five bikes that will need parts and accessories [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Penn, could you please email me at aaron.freind@proteuseng.com.au or ajf@iinet.net.au if your able to help me out. thanks dude. If at all possible, could you estimate the cost of shipping the above parts out here?

I totally agree with you about the plastics. The blue and yellow just wont suit wat ive done to it. Its now silver chassis with black shock springs. Im leaving the engine blue along with the nerf bar fabric. So i would really like silver fenders but maier only do white.

And dude, if you ever come out to Australia, email me first and ill hook u up with not only a few cold beverages, but some hot aussie females! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hehe
But ahh...probably not a fosters...i dont drink that cat **** hehe. I drink either Bud or Millers hehe go figure! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2001, 02:30 AM
Range Rover

White fenders is the only way to go when you buy Maier. I too have white fenders and a black hood on my big LT. Any Maier plastic other than white shows scratches and fading within a month of installation. It is nowhere near as obvious with the white. The black hood area is small and, by the time I added a couple stickers and and an EGT to it, the cheap Maier look isn't so apparent. The hood also isn't in an area that experiences many scratches. Getting all that poorly made plastic aligned and mounted is a chore as Pennzilla stated. You have to be patient and put some effort into the process (and sometimes even do some re-engineering) before it looks presentable.

I went with candy-apple red for my frame and black a-arms to get rid of that hidious Suzuki blue. With those colors on the skeleton, factory plastic just wasn't an option. I always need to have something unique anyways.

Old 09-20-2001, 11:01 AM
Range Rover

I have the Maier Yellow and Blue. It sure sucks. Best price I found for my fenders was rockymountainatv.com. If I remember correctly, I saved about ~~$50 or so. That money could be spent on a PRM skid plate for your swingarm. Check out prm-atv.com.