Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

suzuki engineers smoke crack

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 10:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I give props to suzuki for designing a new sport quad - The more the merrier.

The thing I don't get is this bike looks alot like a Raptor. It even has the same tires as the Raptor... A little more originality would have been appreciated in the looks category.

A for how the bike rides, we'll have to see that when it comes out in April.

Old 10-11-2001, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

i think its nice, reminds me of a snake with its hood spread out or something...i think theyre the cobra's that do that

Old 10-11-2001, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

This is aimed at the 400EX, and it could be a direct hit. So what if it looks a little like a Raptor, or a DS, this is all the things the 400EX needs to be, like a high tech motor, reverse, and hot styling. I don't think Suzuki is going to score with all of their new models, but I bet this one does very well. Bring it on!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2001, 07:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Oh I've been lurking here on the forum for a while now a year to be exact....waiting since the raptor's release. I couldn't afford it then and can't now. So I waited and watched ...
And now I've been shipped off to Korea the land of no Quads whatso ever! ANd now I get to just watch..I have and old 94 warrior which I like fine but has its short comings.( don't know what you had till its gone) Back in the day I bought it cause I needed a cheap SPORT QUAD to play with and it also had reverse wich is very important when out on the trails.
My point is Now suzuki has made what I wanted ; a sport Quad with reverse that'll probably sell for alot less than a raptor. ALOT of people are looking for a bike like this; almost everyone I talk to.
So here it is now!!! and it looks cool too!
So what are you all complaining about? Really... the bike does not make the rider the rider makes the bike!!! There's nothing better than stuffing it to somone who obliviously has a bigger better bike than you! This thing looks like its gonna be the poop and it'll probably let you stuff it to all those people complaing about it.
What I'm saying is Ya'll are smokin' crack if you don't think its cool and you have not ridden or read about a review of riding it!
Give it a chance; its too easy to be negative about anything!
'NUFF SAID
SGT LAUBIN[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2001, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

Korea! Hey I was there from 97-98! Man I was never so glad to see a Ford and a Chevy again when I landed in Chicago! Just think of the new machines when you get back:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2001, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

eyes

Old 10-13-2001, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

as a quadracer owner i too have my own complaints and praise for the new quad.... just from looking at the photos on this site.

praise:
- i like its overall appearance
- the frame & suspension *look* like they are current technology, they finally did what the front suspension needed 15 years ago
- the 4-stroke power plant does have potential, it has been modified for racing in MX bikes with some success
- electric start and reverse are nice to have(although not absolutely necessaary on a sport/racer)

complaints:
- appearances look too much like a copycat 'mee too' design
- the chain adjustment has not improved, its exactly the same as on the '87-92 quadracers.
- rear sprocket still requires removal of the two nuts on the axle
- frame geometry around the swingarm pivot & footpeg mounts looks identical to the old quadracers as well...which brings to wonder if the old LT motor will bolt in with little or no mods...hmmm???
- suspension travel seems average if not short for current technology
- its no 2-stroke
- it still weighs 400lbs wet. guaranteed

Old 10-19-2001, 12:31 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

Being a fan of sport quads and owning an LT500R and 400EX, all I can say is "it's about time Suzuki got in the game". If it rides as well as the spec sheet reads it should be an awsome competitor.

Actually I found that it reminded me more of the 400EX than a Raptor. Either way I don't care, I'm prepared to purchase it.

Old 10-20-2001, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

I don't have to remove any nuts to take off my rear sprocket. Just the hub and its nut, no biggie.