Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki is SERIOUS about the LTZ400

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 02:14 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let you guys know. I received a bulletin by fax from Suzuki today. At the annual dealer expo in Indianapolis, Suzuki will have a Z400 on display in their booth equiped with an "extensive" line of Suzuki accessories.

The expo will be held in the later half of January.[cant remember the exact date..left the fax on my desk]

KNOWSALOT

Old 12-13-2001, 07:36 PM

how does this make them serious? OHHHH!! I'M SO SCARED OF THE HANDGAURDS BUMPER AND HEADLIGHT COVERS!!!!!

seriously, are you expecting something like a turbo kit and IRS kit from an OEM??

Get real, it's probably going to be a pipe.

Old 12-13-2001, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

IRS kit?!? ROTFLOL...

Basically, I bet Suzuki is investing alot into the LT-Z just like Yamaha has with the Raptor GYT-R stuff...

It would be nice if they offered engine, suspension, and brake kits like HRC does for Honda bikes...

Old 12-13-2001, 09:10 PM
The Facility

??????????????????????????Turbo kits????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????IRS kits??????????????????????????????????
Maybe you are the one that needs to get real. At least they plan on releasing more than just a flagwhip,which is more than I can say for some manufacturers.

KNOWSALOT

Old 12-13-2001, 11:00 PM

I don't need to get real I was mocking you... But you already knew that...

the GYT-R stuff really isn't impressive, and without a doubt that's what they will copy, just like they copied everything else on that quad... I could care less what suzuki offers for accessories because they'll just be overpriced, overly simple, and offer little performance.

What I am looking forward to is seeing these things modified for real MX racing, like how the 400EX was first modded... but I suppose this machine won't handle as good or have as strong a frame? So it will not completely replace the 400EX in MX... Therefore making it in between the raptor and 400EX, probably what Suzuki knows will sell like hot cakes but be second to the 400EX in MX... and second to Yamaha in what ever the Raptor is good at, lol...

But that's just my preliminary opinion, I need to see this thing in action.. Too bad everyone knows it won't come close to any good old two stroke...

Old 12-14-2001, 01:38 AM
Range Rover

Why don't you grow up a little. Its guys like you that put a sour taste in the serious forum members mouths. How about a little maturity !

Old 12-14-2001, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Suzuki is going to feild a full motocross team in 2003.......Trust me, they are serious about this quad.

Old 12-14-2001, 09:31 AM
Trailblazer

1986suzukiquadracer,

I guess Knowsalot shouldn't have put "serious" in all caps. In any case, we Suzuki fans want two things: a modern sport-quad and some decent aftermarket support from Suzuki. The Z400 looks very much like a satisfying response to our first desire; and a selection of Z400-specific add-ons -- along the lines of Yamaha's Raptor goodies (but, preferably more like Cannondale's) would be, for me, 'decent' support.

In regard to MXing, Honda's 400ex -- a very good product -- has, in my opinion, brought exactly ONE thing to the table: excellent suspension geometry. It is probably the most important characteristic, but even here, aftermarket a-arms, and swing arms are common. And engine-wise, the 400ex is a text-book example of 'the triumph of the development over design.'

I assume by "good old two stroke" you mean 250Rs and not the average flexi-flyer, obsolete suspension, gas-hog most other people ride.

Old 12-14-2001, 04:47 PM
Range Rover

1986SuZuKiQuAdRaCeR

I was just wondering why you are putting Suzuki down so bad with a name like that. Are you a closet Raptor/400EX fan or do you just like to cause trouble?

Old 12-14-2001, 07:08 PM
Range Rover

Real intelligent post 86QuadRacer. My favorite part was how the new Z will be second to the 400ex and Raptor. Get real.

Quick Reply: Suzuki is SERIOUS about the LTZ400