Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Stop Light /Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there someone on this forum that has knowledge about how to rig up or where to purshase an after market kit to install Break Lights on a 2001 Suzuki LT-F500F....Please help before my wife runs over me with her LT-A500 Ha Ha. Seriously I am at a loss as to why the manufacture is not installing them (or forced by Big Brother ) as origional equipment for the obvious safty reasons. They do not seem to have a problem with sticking all kinds of warning lables about " No drivers under 16 years, No passengers, Must have a helmet...ect. all is good advise and helps the OEM in a law suit, but you would think that something as basic as a Brake Light for the obvious safty reasons would be a no brainer. I would be much obliged if the forum could please advise me on this fix.

Old 12-29-2001, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

the only thing i can think of is to get a light off of another quad that comes with a brake light. polaris has used brake lights for some time and kawasaki has them too. i think even yamaha has them on most of their quads now. after you find a light that will physically fit you would only need to figure out a way to hook up a switch. the switch for my mojave is pretty simple(they cost about $15-20). it is a small cylinder shaped thing with a little plunger in it. a spring hooks to the plunger and then to the rear brake and when you push the brake it pulls the plunger and activates the light. it is only a 2 wire switch so that would be easy enough to find a power source and then run the other lead to the light. the hardest thing would be finding a way to mount the switch.

Old 12-29-2001, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Its real easy to do, i did it on my king quad front and back. Heres a link for the rears, and if you email me ill send ya some pics and another web site that your can pull out the banjo bolt out of the front break cylinder and reaplace it with another banjo bolt with a pressure switch built in it. I waas really supprised how simple it was to do. I spent prob 3 hours total on it and im really pleased how it turned out.

Heres a link for the rear conversion:
www.angelfire.com/tx4/kingquad/

Heres a link to some pics of my king, if you look real close you can see the new banjo bolt on my king in these pics:
http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/kingq...%20King%20Quad

And heres where i got my new banjo bolt, btw these guys were really great:
www.ahmaclaughlins.com/HBLS2.html

Please let me know how it turns out, Rob

Old 12-30-2001, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks ROBH for the reply, the information and links were just what I needed to start me in the right direction . To bad that you don't live in Northern Calif. I could show you some great places to ride. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours.