Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT500 vs Raptor vs DS650

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 03:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Until I'm proven wrong they'll never be a quad quite like the Quadzilla!!!! 500cc of two-stroke power...Then again my 01 GSX-R750 does 135.6 in a 1/4 mi. Darn, I've forgotten that I'm in an atv forum. Gixxer Madness!!!!

Old 01-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

I've gotta time slip to prove a 96 mph 1/8 mile run at the ice drags a few years ago from the previous owner (actually he kept it for a memoir), so if the beat to hell Zilla did that then, seems so it being freshly restored and overly built it could do triple digits and then some if the strip's length was doubled.....hmmmm.....still don't think I could keep up with your GSX, though....Latah....

Old 01-06-2002, 11:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also impressed with my quadzilla. My friends dragged me along to silver with there new raptors with paddle tires. I didnt think I would have much fun without paddles. I ran bandits on my LT500. After a small amount of getting use to riding on sand I felt the LT was still rip my face off fast. I was much slower to get moving from a stand still then quads with paddle tires, but after I was moving it was good. My friend pulled up next to me with his raptor just as I was cruising into 2nd gear. He wanted to race and got beside me cruising in 2nd he hit the gas...I hit the gas after he passed me and started to stretch my arms out. Soon enough I was side by side and after 3rd gear he enjoyed a sand blast. He is now looking for a big bore kit. ...I may have to buy paddles...

Old 01-07-2002, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

Some of the older magazines I have said the Quadzilla would run 108mph bane stock-- awsome!!

Old 01-07-2002, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

oops, bane=bone ^^^^^^

Old 01-07-2002, 01:13 PM
Range Rover

Let's face it, all the people who owns a Quadzilla has the most powerful quad on the face of the earth. I'm dissappointed with the ATV portion of the Suzuki corporation, because the LT500 was there benchmark quad & they're not moving forward with their LTZ400, only backwards in a big way. Until a manufacturer gives me something as powerful as the LT500, I'll never buy another quad...again!!!! As a current Raptor owner; in the power department the consumer is getting screwed without the gel....I just don't like the fact that you have to sink major cash into a quad to get the arm-ripping power that the Quadzilla came with out of the crate. Hence...comes the bike of my choice, 01 GSX-R750.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2002, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Maxima,you should try the "arm ripping power" of a big-bore Hayabusa......

Old 01-08-2002, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

badbus; The Busa. is the ultimate bike for speed!!!! And besides...it's a Suzuki...just like my Gixxer!!! Too bad atvers won't get a thrill like they deserve.

Old 01-08-2002, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep,if it ain't a 'Zook,it ain't SH**T!!

Old 01-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I have a bum hip ( on my right side naturally ) and had a 87 lt500 with a Trinity stage 4 kit. Loved it but it took to much of a manly kick for me to do with my bad side. So finally sold it. It wasn't the bikes problem, even a slight push and it would start right up. But I could get it started 6 out of 10 times but the other four times I couldn't, so was not a good plan to go riding by myself. Now have been riding Banshee's ( anyone can kick them over ) and really like them too and I have had everything and every brand made and have nothing bad to say about any of them. BUT, my favorite of all has been the lt500. I'm 60 years old and still love to go as fast as they will go. Aim it and let it rip. I checked with Goki for starters and they only make kits for 4 strokes. So here is the deal..One of you young smart guys design or figure out a starting system other than kick starting and I'll sell what I have and get a lt500 back in a minute. It need not be electric, maybe a spring that could be wound with a button to release it to spin it over. I've got a bum ticker and won't be around long enough to figure it out, so I'd really appreciate it if some of you guys would put your heads together and makes something that works and let me know and I'll die a happy man..Thx...Dean

Quick Reply: LT500 vs Raptor vs DS650