Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need info on lt 500

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, looks like some interesting conversation. As Truckracer mentioned, my Zilla wasn't outrun by another quad ALL day. This included Banshee's with pipes, Coolheads, Extended Swingarm's, 10 or 12 paddle haulers, and owners claiming "Trinity Stage 5 Port Work". Also on the kill list were Raptor's (not much of a challenge), DS's (even less of a challenge) and 250R's with extensive mods just like the Banshee's. Last but not least a Buggy that beat every other quad in the race but my Zilla. I honestly think that the RWHP figure of "60-65 hp" given by ImBack is quite low. A STOCK LT500 was 51 hp at the crank and not more that 5% should be taken away for losses in a chain drive setup. How close does ImBack live from Little Sahara, Oklahoma? Maybe we will just end the argument that way and let the machines speak...........

Old 05-04-2002, 04:48 AM
Pro Rider

Zillarider02 where have i said that my quad was faster than yours??? but if you want to race me no prob...We are going to race for titles... If you win you get my quad if i win i win it all... You really think your piped, mild ported Zilla is da Chit good for you... Like i said before i am not here to talk crap about the Zilla, im a ZUK fan, and always will be.

Old 05-04-2002, 05:19 AM
Pro Rider

By the way a piped Banshee running with a coolhead would be considered "very mildly modded" as for the stage 5 porting just let me laugh about it...

If you knew anything about porting, you would know that it doesnt come in stages but in applications!!!!!

A stage 5 port job from Trinity (wich doesnt mean much by the way since they havent won anything in years in the 2 stroke world) could equal MP Racings play race port job.

I asked Truckracer a question wich he hasnt answered yet...What was the last significant event the Zilla has won in the drag racing world?

Old 05-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

The Shee has a modded box, pipes, bored .040, reed cages, and a boost bottle.

The Raptor is bored .020, had a "midrange" cam, CT exhaust, and modded airbox, and he wnt up 1 tooth on the front sprocket.

The DS is a Ron Woods stage 2.

The Warrior is bored .020, "topend" cam, FMF exhaust, and modded box.

You need to understand that up here in the "sticks" not one person has a need for a high-zoot sand duner, or drag racer. The only places to ride are through the woods. The only time you can actually ride full boogey is in the winter when the lakes freeze up and you can go a coupla miles before you reach the other shore-line.

Oh yeah, the previous owner also got 96 mph in the 1/8 mile ice drags, so yeah, I guess I could say its a little fast without talking out of my A$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Like i said before Fasternu your Zilla is probably decently fast, i never said it was slow...In fact i dont remember saying that Zillas were slow they arent, but they arent as fast as you guys would like us to beleive...

I owned an LT250r for 10 years, it was pretty modded (LRD big bore) it was making 55 rwhp according to LRD and i was able to outrun "stock" Zillas with it.And Zillarider02 a Zilla makes about 50-55 rwhp if yours only made 51 hp at the crank then you must have owned the worst Zilla ever sorry for you.A piped head modded Zilla will make about 60-65 rwhp my numbers are fairly accurate.

Like i stated before i am not here to bash the Zilla, yeah a modded one can be freaking fast but you could say the same for almost all sport quads outhere...If you think otherwise you are going to be in for a big and unpleasant surprise.

Old 05-04-2002, 05:54 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

All I know is that my Zilla is plenty fast for me, and most people that stage next to me.

Remember that it takes more than just a big motor to scoot a sled down the strip, it usually requires someone who can pilot the monster.

Most of us do our own wrenching on our machines (part of the love for the sport), I mean if I really wanted my quad to exceed mach-2, it would be as easy as sending it to NASA and tell them what I want, for a small fee of course.

Old 05-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, somebody is very worked up over this topic. First off, when I said "Stage 5 Port Work", that is not from my context. That is from the owners of these machines that were getting flat outran. Imback, how do you know that our Zilla's aren't as fast as we think they are? All those poor 250R, Raptor and Banshee owners can back any of us up on this one, as they eat a Zilla's roost regularly. The 51 HP figure was what they put on the titles to these machines and simply a baseline. Just because Trinity hasn't one anything in the "2 stroke world" makes them less of an engine builder? I have heard nothing but good things from Trinity whether it was Raptor mods, Banshee mods, or even Zilla mods. Your level of expertise when it comes to 2 stroke power and how fast EVERYONE elses machines are ceases to amaze me. Maybe someday you can share your bank of knowledge with the rest of the group an we might even get to hear about your quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I see one still quoting numbers he heard "somewhere"....
I get it,

Imback says" One time, in band camp, there was this guy, I mean
quad......................"

What "drag racing world" do you live in? NRHA? IHRA? Sand racing association? Racing @ Glamis is real event compared to what?
I am quite sure Suzuki's win every weekend somewhere as do Yamaha's and Cannondale's and DS650's and Honda's.....

I'm done.... When you argue with an Idiot people watching can't tell the difference.

PS - Check my photo link for pictures of what I consider to be a modded Banshee. Sorry I didn't get the guys name but he's from Kansas and this thing is bad! And no, no LT500 or Shee or anything else came close to this 165 hp (before the bottle) beast. I have a 15 second mpeg if someone whats it I'll e-mail or whatever.

Old 05-05-2002, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

165hp?...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!!!WOW!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

simple way to end this discussion. the day you can buy a fully modded banshee with enough fruit to beat a mildly modded zilla ill buy one. the big bad zill weighs a fricken ton and with the power and torque even a standard one puts out, if you havent ridden one...shut you mouth, take your ***** back from your wife and try it. It should make you realise why we love them so much. i mean they stopped making the beast in 1990 and they still kick severe ****....I hate to hear people dissing other people rides, by quoting heresay and bs, while trying to sound factual. If this guys zilla is beating people that he rides with everyday, great. dont go compare him with speedy gonzales from the other side of the world who has sold his house to put nitrous injection on his ***** straight line quad.

this post started off with someone asking q's about the LT500, and lets keep it to that. If anyone wants to write about how much wasted money they have poured into their ride, find another post. truckracer...your right. when u argue with an idiot, people cant tell the difference.

Ps i dont quote numbers. i race and if i get beat i race harder.

Quick Reply: need info on lt 500