Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need info on lt 500

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AussieZilla, couldn't have put it better myself. End of Story.

Old 05-07-2002, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

Imstupid, what kind of ride do you have? A bench?

Old 05-07-2002, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

WOW!!! Those last few posts are pretty interesting, first of all Zillarider02 the next time you race someone and he then tells you that he is running a "Trinity stage 5 port job" why dont you ask him in wich magazine he just picked that one up.Trinitys all out drag port job weither it is for a Banshee,LT500R,LT250R, TRX250R is the "Stage 4 port job" there is no such thing as a "Stage 5 port job".

AussieZilla, yes i rode Zillas before they were stock ones though, i have been riding sport quads for the last 15 years now and i rode "almost" all of them from the old hondas 250R trikes to todays thumpers, i am 32 years old just in case you would ask. You also say " the day you can buy a fully modded banshee with enough fruit to beat a mildly modded zilla ill buy one." well i will let someone else answer, it will be more credible coming from a Zilla owner, just read the couple of threads that were posted by Quadzilla499 on Bansheehq a few weeks ago.His quad is awsome by the way.
http://www.bansheehq.com/forum/Forum...fm?msgid=69585
http://www.bansheehq.com/forum/Forum...fm?msgid=80163

AussieZilla you also stated "the big bad zill weighs a fricken ton " just so you know Suzuki lists the Zilla at 375 lbs while Yahama lists the Banshee at 386 lbs...

Truckracer your asking me what is the difference between racing at Glamis on a week end and racing anywhere else?
I said on Labor day week end, on that particular week end all of the well knowned engine builders in the US meet at Glamis weither they are from the east coast or the west coast, they race each other up oldsmobile hill.The Koth (King of the hill) competition in Utah brings up the same people but in the spring time instead of the fall,these are the two majors "quad" drag racing event in the US.

Slinger since you want to see it, here it is;
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...2100&idx=2

These pics were taken last winter by a friend of mine while i was still working on it but anyway all the engine mods were already there and they are as listed;

CPI inframe drag pipes
T-Rex 400cc powervalve top end
Drag port job
Mikuni TM34mm carbs (modded to run either gas or alky)
10 cc domes
Lightened flywheel
Adjustable timing plate
Delta 2 V-force reeds
Wiseco hot rod crank
and a few other little things.

It is decently fast and reliable but nowhere near fast enough to run with the big boys not untill i start running on alky anyway and this wont happen till later this summer.

One last thing, if you guys consider saying "your Zillas arent as fast as you think they are" bashing then so be it because that is the worst thing i have said about your quads in all of my posts so far.

Old 05-07-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Fellow enthusiasts...

Cant we all just git along? I can clearly see everyone getting their noses out of joint on this one...step out of your little comfort zones for a minute before you all start looking like idiots! LOL...gawd, that was a funny saying...ROTFLMAO!!!

I ride a slow quad...relatively speaking...just so you know...but, here's what I smell from this side of the fence. RACE GAS...blue, purple, and all those other sweet smelling fumes that get us so freaking high!

Imback...all he was saying was, "hey, I'm a speedfreak but unfortunately I don't have what it takes to go as fast as I want to so I patrol the local watering holes and **** in everyone's mug...by telling them the ain't as fast as they think they are." Yeah, and the truth, such as it is really bothers most of us thin skinned dreamers because we also don't have what it takes...which is what, cla$$??? That's RIGHT!! and tons of it.

This week I'm in Maryland..."so what", you say...well, I went to the drag races this past weekend
at mirdrag.com and let me tell you what I learned/saw. I saw people running their daily drivers in the quarter mile against other's grocery getters. Now, honestly I was thinking WTF? I can't believe I paid ten bucks to watch these POS run against each other...but the more I watched the more I realized that it's more than just who has the fastest machine that makes these people abuse their commuters...competitiveness is not just a superficial emotion for these people...of course I also saw some amazing (to me for a first time real life drag race) machines also, but really I never would have understood the depth of what DRAGRACING is all about if it hadn't been for the 15s, 16s, and 17s+ in the 1\4mi. that I learned to enjoy prior to sortaBIGMONEY 9s and 10s coming out.

Now, before you guys dismiss me, just let me say that I'm from Oklahoma, so cut me some damn slack! And ZillaRider02 and friend from Maysville--look forward to seeing you guys at the little sahara some day...and no, you won't get the oportunity to remind me my quad is sloooow...but I will cheer you on as you do some roostin' on the knuckleheads that think they have the fastest blaster west of the Mississippi...

late

Old 05-08-2002, 03:41 AM
Pro Rider

I'm just waiting for him to finally MAKE some point. He can go get himself an "alky Banshee" and realize that the Jet-engine powered Zilla in June 98 Dirtwheels will melt his goofy azz.

Old 05-09-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

JiminOK, glad to see some more "locals" in here. You made some good points in your reply, but I won't even go back into all that mess. Anyways, look forward to meeting up at Sahara some day for a ride. Sounds like fun!

Old 05-09-2002, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

I have a question for all fellow Zilla owners. I just rebuilt my motor and It vibrates so bad bolts are falling of the bike. Can anyone give me some places to look to solve this problem. Its bad!

Old 05-10-2002, 02:09 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

Chapy, sounds like whoever rebuilt the motor put the counter balancer in wrong, this is a very common mistake for mechs who have not had a lot of experience with Zillas. There are marks on the balancer that need to be lined up when installed, these marks are very hard to see if you don't know what to look for, but they are there. Fix this problem as soon as possible before you do some serious damage.

Old 05-10-2002, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

Chapy, all you need to do is to align the marks on the timing gears with the piston at tdc. You can still do this with the engine assembled and in the frame. Karl

Old 05-10-2002, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

Well I rebuilt the motor so I'll check. But if I remember correctly the counter balancer is keyed so it should be dummy proof if not I'm the Dummy! I check and get back Thanks!

Quick Reply: need info on lt 500