Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need info on lt 500

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slinger i dont have to go get myself an "alky Banshee" i already got one and you want to know what "my point is"...My "point" is pretty simple the Zilla is a strong runner but thats all it is...

As for your jet engine Zilla, who cares i was talking about quad engines...

If you cant deal with the fact that your 530 Zilla aint the fastest thing on earth, then your the "Gooffy azz" here!!!

With that said if i lived closer to "Oklahoma" i would come down to race you guys and you know what?

No matter who would win or lose we would have a nice cold one and a damn good time.

Old 05-11-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Your Banshee is just mediocre if you ask me. I'll put sand in your eye and be damn glad to do it. If you lived in Ok, you would know better than to talk crap.

Try getting the alcohol to the bike next time, Goofy.

Old 05-11-2002, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

Chapy, the counterbalancer is relatively easy to get in wrong. It isn't too hard to fix, though. You may want to remove the gear off the crank to ensure that it's punch mark is aligned with the one that is on the crank shaft. Then you roll them around there to meet with the punch mark on the CB gear. It should smooth the vibration out a little for you. Remember that the nut is lefthand threaded. I always forget that little part.

Old 05-11-2002, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Slinger i dont know what kind of set up you are running, so yes your Zilla could be faster than my Shee i never said otherwise anyway.You think my Shee is mediocre your entitled to beleive so, my set up not my quad ,i dont have access to a dyno around here, has been previously dynoed at 72 rwhp on gas wich is just "average", alky would put it in the high 70s low 80s wich is also just average.If your Zilla is a 90hp all out drag machine then yes you would roost on me.

Your in Lousiana do you ride at LA dunes?
I know a few guys that do, some of them are running set ups that are similar to mine, could be interesting to know how you fare vs each others.

Old 05-12-2002, 11:52 AM
zoo
Pro Rider

Chapy, LOL - No insult intended about YOU rebuilding the motor, I just know from experience that when I had mine rebuilt, it was done by a very reputable mechanic and didn't align mine up right either. It was his first Zilla and sometimes even the best make mistakes. I would also take Slinger's suggestion and remove the gear from the crank to check alignment. Good luck!